Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard wipers picking up
I was just recently referred to this site, and have enjoyed the information that I've seen on it during the last two weeks. One of my sons and I went to Willard for a couple of hours on Wednesday, just before the storm. Picked up three wipers, one trolling and then two more in the immediate area on jigs. The first one took a lipless rattlin rapala (blue back), and the other two took white and chartreuse curly tails. One weighed 4.9#s, one was 4.2#s, and we didn't weigh the third one, it was down in the three pound range. All of the fish were much heavier for length than last year, and looked good. Wind, rain, and hail came in, and cut the afternoon short. We were 150 feet off shore near the southwest corner. Launching from the north marina posed no problems, other than no docks. Most of the channel is now nine feet deep except about 50 feet just out from the outer dike where it didn't get dredged. For a short distance there it is still four to five feet deep. I attached a picture of my son and his first ones of the year. Thanks again for sharing all of your good information.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Thanks for the report, wiperwilley! Welcome to the site and glad you've enjoyed reading all the posts from everyone. [/size][/font]
[signature]
Wiperwilley, welcome to BFT, thanks for posting and congratulations on some fine wipers.
[signature]
Great report Wiperwilley. Those are some fine looking wipers. Did you get a surface temp?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Very nice report ... good info. And some very nice Wiprs. Guess it's time to pull the tarp off the ole tin bin.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Welcome to the site. How did you find out about BFT? I always find that interesting.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hye welcome to the bft and those are some nice fish you have there!
[signature]
Welcome to the site Wiperwilley, thanks for posting your report. What time were you there and how fast were you trolling on that first wiper you caught? WH2
[signature]
Sorry I took the missus out tonight, and missed all of your replies. We fished from 3:30 to 5:30 pm and were trolling between 3.4 to 3.6 mph. The water temp stayed pretty close to 59. One of my friends caught a post on the Wildlife Board suggesting that he check out this site for some accurate local information. It was a good referral.
[signature]
I'll definitely try it before, but come on 70°F.!
[signature]
[font "Arial"][red][size 2] Hello Wiperwilley, and Welcome to the BFT boards. I am here to tell you that you won't find a better bunch of people to fish with, anywhere.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
What were you using to check your speed, a GPS or your fish finders speedometer? We were out there today and the water temp got up to 64.5* for a while in the afternoon before the wind came up. We are going to give it a try again on Wednesday morning and hope the morning catching is a little better than it has been. WH2
[signature]