Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which rod for this reel
Hi there!
I'm new in the site and I need some help!
I used to do lots of saltwater inshore fishing in Central America. But now I want to do some freshwater fishing and try to get some big bass, pike, muskies. I sold my saltwater reels and rods, but still I have a Penn 6500SS which I love. I used to use this reel with a Shakespeare Tiger Rod.
The question is which rod would be the perfect match for my reel? Again I would like to cacth big fish! Oh by the way I live in MO, so any good places for big fish?

What about tackle and lures, please I need suggestions! I have some spinners and some floating and countdown Rapala lures.

Thank you so much for your help!
[signature]
Welcome to BFT born2fish. We hope you post all your fishing reports with us. As far as a rod for you, thats a wide range between bass and Musky. If I had to pick one I'd go for a 6' med. weight pole. It will be alittle stiff for bass but will handle a musky or pike. Name brands are up to you and your wallet. Good luck
[signature]
I've had very good luck with the senco worms in green, watermelon, and brown. You need to fish them slow and slowly work them back. For lures I had good luck this past year with the lucky lure and repelas. The brushhog also worked well in the pads. Theres alot of different baits that you can use, you just have to see what works for you and your area. Don't be afraid to try something new and let us know how it worked out.
[signature]
I just love being able to use a sponcors name[Tongue]

Megabait has several crank baits soft plastics and swim baits that work well on bass, pike, and walleye.

just click on one of their banners to see their wears. I have even posted some of the fish I have caught with thier lures on their photo gallery.[Wink]

you may even want to check out some of our other sponcors as well, if you see something you would like to try just ask here, if any one of us have used it we will be happy to share how to's of presenting it.
[signature]