Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My daughter's first walleye (Willard)
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Went out with my daughter last night for a few hours at Willard. I was commenting to her about how beautiful it was out here tonight. She just said "Yea, but it would be a lot nicer if a fish would take my lure". Then suddenly, . . . bend-oooo. She caught her first walleye boys. Then she said "This is a real nice night"!. It was a 2 pounder and provided a whole BUNCH of pride. She caught it on a little fat-boy , white with gray back diving shad. She caught it way out in the middle of the lake.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I forgot to bring my fish finder so we were fishing blind.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]We headed for the S-W corner and I'll be danged if she didn't hook into another fish ... this time a BIG wiper. Spooled her all the way out twice then broke her 10 lb line. Dam I was disappointed. The wiper was hooked on a white grub with an orange lead head.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I was running two poles and never caught one all night ... skunked! It was definitely her night for all the action. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]She asked me to post some pics:[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0198820.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The fat boy:[/size][/font]

[Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0224217.jpg]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The end of a fine evening:
[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0216.jpg][/size][/font]
[signature]
Great pictures Old Coot! Sounds like you both had a great time! I've never been fishin' for walleye but it sounds like I'll have to go, it looks like a blast.

Great post!
[signature]
Congratulations Old Coot and daughter, nothing gets the kids interested in going fishing again like reeling in a fish or two. That had to be extremely disappointing to have that wiper snap the line. It is tough when they run to the end of the line.
[signature]
Very nice fish Old_Coot. I'm glad she could have a good time out there. Seeing the kids have fun makes up for getting skunked, imho. Good luck next time you head out.
[signature]
well ishe is doing better than me on the species list, i have yetr to cvatch a walleye or a wiper, but that will change tomorrow right coot.
[signature]