Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report 6/15
Fished willard today from 8:00 AM to 1:00,Started off casting to the west dike with no hits in about an hour,trolled for awhile and still nothing,we took off from there and went to the SE corner,as soon as we all got out bam first wiper of the day,we got 6 wipers within an hour and then it died off.and I mean died off.we didn't catch another fish so we took off at 1:00.Everyone we talked to had similar success.Tried the VHF today no one on channel 68,should be a good one to talk on when more get them.

The guys that fish late tonight should have a better report,the fish dont start feeding tell late in the afternoon into the night,when we have a fool moon.Its happened to me before but couldn't resist chase-in them anyway.LOL

all fish caught where 14 to 16 inches,no biggins today.

water temp = 71 degees

trolled at 3.0MPH

Tight Lines

Tony[cool]
[signature]
I had a nice little Father's day out on the lake Sunday evening. Showed up at about 6 pm and was off by 8 pm. My wife and daughter decided to tolerate spending a hot evening with me on the boat. I just got the hang of this Wiper thing, so I thought my 3-fish day was a success. I lost 5 before I got them to the boat. I was trolling 3.0-3.3 mph from the Light Pole, along the west dike, then over to the Feed Lot. It was a great day. Was using this little blue and orange shad imitation that worked nicely on my new Father's Day fishing rod. Couldn't have done that well without all the posts I've read here on the boards. Thanks.

Fisch R. Mann
[signature]
Great report guys! I hope to get into some wiper action tomorrow.
[signature]
My son and I were also out there on Sunday, we launched at 5pm and went to the N/E corner. We caught three but it was slow so we went over to the the island and headed north. When we got 1/2 mile from the dike we caught a 16 inch walleye, when we were 50 to 75 yds from the dike we went North. We were seeing a lot of fish on the finder and as we approched a dozen or more people fishing from shore we started catching some and loosing most of the fish that we had on, one was close to 5lbs. The hot ticket was a green jig head with a pearl white body. We marked more big fish in that area than I've seen in weeks, the water temp was 78 degrees when we arrived and we were fishing in 16 ft of water, we were trolling at 2.8 to 3mph. WH2
[signature]