Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Services at Lincoln Beach 3/21/10
[cool][#0000ff]Joined Bigbassaholic in his nice Nitro bass boat this morning for sunrise services at the Church of the Seventh Day Angler...Lincoln Beach chapel. No, the world is not coming to an end just because I got in a boat. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Started in a spot where I have done well from the tube before at this time of year. About the second cast I whacked a small white bass. Several casts later I stuck a nice 18 inch wallie and Don scooped in in the net like the pro he is...bass pro.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]As we were taking a couple of pictures we became aware of the sudden change in the noise level of a small boat going by. A couple of "locals" in a very small and very noisy boat had been going past us at a comfortable distance out in the lake. Now they turned and headed right for us...full tilt. As we made our next casts they roared right over top of our lines and kept going to the west where all of their buddies were gathering. That was it for that spot.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A few minutes later another boat approached and I was ready to launch the missiles. Turned out to be Wildcat94, with his uncle and GF. After a brief chat they moved up a ways and began fishing. Last we heard from them they had not caught anything. We left before they returned.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]After having our first spot trashed, we could not find any more fish. I caught another white bass in the general area and one more over on the other side of the dike. But of the several other zones we prospected neither of us got more than a few light taps and some solid rock bites.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We both decided about noon that today was not our day for a mega haul. But, it was a nice morning to worship at Lincoln Beach.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Got the master TubeDude in a boat today. Checked the temperature of the water and my guage said LL.L so tubedude says it was a L of a day. LOL. I was taking lessons but the fishies wouldn't play.... Great company and lots of knowledge shared from him. Here are a couple of pics of today... Thanks for the company Pat...
[inline "LLL of a day.jpg"]
[inline tubedude.jpg]
[inline walleye.jpg]
[signature]
Love the first pic of the lake. Great shot! I've gotta get down there a get into some 'eyes!
[signature]
Well i didnt get the early morning services this morning but did get to LB at 2 this afternoon. Water still pretty calm. Put the tube in the water for the first time this year and tooled around for a little bit. Not a single bite. Tons of shore people and a ton of trucks and trailers. But no boats. Wish I could get to where they were going cause I would like to catch a fish even if it was a cat or a carp. Hopefully I'll be out again friday and I'll be able to catch something. Good on you guys for the eye.
[signature]
Need to get some rocks to throw at the idiots that do not know how to use their senses and be courteous to other fishermen. [Wink]

Glad to hear you got into a little fish today![cool]
[signature]
[quote albinotrout]Need to get some rocks to throw at the idiots that do not know how to use their senses and be courteous to other fishermen. [Wink]

Glad to hear you got into a little fish today![cool][/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]What is even worse is that these are the same group of guys who yell at float tubers or start making casts at you if you get within a hundred yards of them when THEY are anchored up on THEIR honey hole.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]One of them had the gall to wave at us as they roared over our spot. I waved back, but did not use all the fingers on my waving hand. Best I could do since I didn't have any rocks.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
update on yesterdays walleye, Pic and video... ummm ummmm good... Today's lunch

[inline "Utah lake walleye).jpg"]
[signature]
lookin good.
[signature]
sure was, just got done eating it... some italain bread crumbs and lemon herb seasoning... wish I would have had more....
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000ff] I waved back, but did not use all the fingers on my waving hand. Best I could do since I didn't have any rocks.[/#0000ff][/quote]

Ya' Know, this is really all you could do. It's really frustrating. I have had fantasies of me being able to launch a remote controlled torpedo like device.. it doesn't explode on their boat.. but on where they are casting. They are just standing their fishing from the boat and all of a sudden.. WHOOSH.. big mushroom cloud of water goes up in the air, they are soaked, their hole is trashed.. Just like me in the tube [Wink].. Meanwhile, I am a hundred yards away.. innocently fishing.

BTW- You looked pretty good in a boat, almost like you know what you are doing.[cool]
[signature]
BTW- You looked pretty good in a boat, almost like you know what you are doing.

[cool][#0000ff]Does this mean I am now out of excuses for getting in YOUR boat?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Contrary to what most folks might think, I am not anti-boating. I just prefer to fish from a tube. In fact, most times I go fishing with someone in a boat I mentally prepare myself for having a poor day of fishing. And, I am usually justified. When I am not in control of where and how I fish I simply cannot use all of my past experience and developed skills. That trip was a good example. We had no anchor and we were all over the place in the breeze, even with an electric motor. I was fishing in "empty" water most of the time. I considered myself fortunate to catch the few fish I did catch.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Truth be told, I prefer being in my tube as opposed to the boat as well. There is a control factor you get, as you know, in the tube that I just can't maintain in the boat. We'll have to think up an excuse to go in my boat.. but it better be a good one. Like maybe some location that is too far to kick to.[cool] We just need to build a custom deck on it to launch the tubes from on the boat. Then, the possibilities would truly be endless. Looks like I just thought of a new project.
[signature]
My only question is, Who offered the invocation ?????
[cool][#0000ff]They is some things ya cain't leave to no amateurs. Of course I took care of that my own self. Only problem is that the dieties of fishing sometimes take Sundays off themselves...to go fishing...and I ain't sure the good words got to the proper authority.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The benediction was a group hug among all the boats and a rousing and spiritual rendition of Kum Baya. Of course, considering the culture and language differences among some of the group it came out more like "Come Walleye".[/#0000ff]
[signature]