Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test run at the PI pond
Last night I made the finishing touches on my son's tube so this morning we tried out his and mine that I finished up last week. I wanted to make it more of a test run than a serious fishing trip so we headed up to our city P.I. pond.

It turned out to be a successful test run and a good fishing trip. We launched at about 8:30 into the 54 degree water with no one else on the water and about a half dozen groups scattered around the pond. I tried trolling daredevels, needle fish, super dupers around but I found the most hits came with a tube jig behind a roostertail. My son is not as comfortable with lures and the tube and he stuck with power bait.

With the cloud cover it never really warmed up and my son was getting cold in his non-insulated waders. By the time we got back to the shore at 11:00, Dad netted 2 rainbows and the boy netted 7. We brought back our limit of 2 each and I just pulled them out of the smoker. I'm hoping the weather holds out for a few more good Saturdays so we can get back out to some bigger waters.
[signature]
looks like you 2 had fun
thanks for post
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Nice work! But what is the PI pond.
[signature]
Nice test run. Now we just need some happy weather and a break in work to plan a few more.
[signature]
I love your setups. good to see you getting out with your boy. My boy is Three and comes with me all the time.
[signature]
Pressurized irrigation pond. Since they made it into a nice park, they've been calling it Spanish Oaks Reservoir. They keep it stocked with rainbows and a few albinos.
[signature]
I'm debating on bringing my tube up for the deer hunt. An evening soak in the lake might feel good after hiking all day.
[signature]
Thanks, I've been there. When I look closer I see a few things that I recognize.
[signature]
I'll have mine up there as I'm not caring a tag this year so I'll be spending most of my time doing some fishing. That is presuming the weather looks cooperative.
[signature]
Seen your pic of your tube. Did you reinforce your seat so that it wouldn't sag with you sit on it - to give you a higher ride?
[signature]
No, I haven't done anything to the seat, it's still bone stock. It's comfortable enough for me for now.
[signature]