Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why not.... how about some carpin
Been Musky fishing pretty hard the past two weeks ... still to cold to be very productive so I have been carpin to cure the itch why not!! All of em caught on my homemade dough baits ... also been taking my girlfriend who loves getting her butt kicked by the submarine size buglemouths.. pretty funny watching her fight em on 4lb line and a light rod haha
Pics!
[Image: 2012-03-25163151-2-1.jpg]
[Image: 2012-03-25160949.jpg]
[Image: 2012-03-25162045.jpg]
[Image: 2012-03-25163140.jpg]
[Image: 2012-03-25163851.jpg]
[signature]
If she is landin those carp on 4lb line and a light rod she aint doin to bad. Carp that size pull pretty good. Looks like a fun way to wait out the spring doldrums
[signature]
bugelmouths - love it. Those are some hogs. Bring out the smoker man! [:p]
4lb test on a fish that does not get tired - wicked. Try that with a barbie pole next time! haha!

So you down at the refuge, or up on Cutler/Bear? Just curious - I know they're all over out there!
Caught the most lethargic little one I've ever encountered - it swam to me and put up almost no fight! It was probably only half the size of some of those chunkers.

Care to share you dough recipe (pm is fine). I've tried a basic one - flour/egg/water. Been wondering what scents they prefer. The kitties seemed to like my garlic dip well enough. Crawdad seemed a winner too.

no whisker love on that trip, eh? It IS time!
Neither ... these were caught in a canal 10 min from ogden [angelic]
[signature]
Carp tend to have more of a sweet tooth than cats. I would try adding a little vanilla to your mix.
[signature]
Very nice Cat....it is addicting, eh. I have been at it at least 4 days a week...Argh!
I am betting that fight on the 4wt would be close to the feel on a fly rod...
Very cool, love the gutsyness.
[signature]
Holy Carp-Zilla!!!!
[signature]
Its definitly a blast! !!
[signature]
Very nice man. Did you release them or make cutbait out of them? (safe to assume you didn't eat them... [Wink])

I know you slay the cats pretty darn good during the summer do you ever use cutbait? That is my favorite bait when I have it. Though TD's er blue eyed left handed minnow... left eyed blue sided? er nevermind haha. the minnow did wonders for me at willard.

Good to see some big fish. Now I just gotta get out there! Maybe we'll meet up this year sometime.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Very nice Cat....it is addicting, eh. I have been at it at least 4 days a week...Argh!
I am betting that fight on the 4wt would be close to the feel on a fly rod...
Very cool, love the gutsyness.[/quote]

You say that because she's holding those beasties up in the picture, no? And not even ruining a glove to do it! haha

Just thought I recognized "those" reeds! (haha)

seriously - try the Barbie Pole! You won't be sorry!
(this is Keystone and the Princess - I love this shot!
The damned carp is bigger than the pole! )

[inline "Fishing Cutler 039.JPG"]

[inline "Fishing Cutler 042.JPG"]
Everything about this post makes my heart sing. Catman, if you ever need a carpin' buddy or want to tackle them on the fly, give me a holler. (</beg>)
[signature]
Ha ha will do! !
[signature]
Time to start shooting them as well. I shot this on Saturday. *Unofficial Utah State Record* "Bowfishing" 30.4Lbs
[signature]
Yeah add vanilla, and instant oatmeal. Also, they sell dried anchovies at the Chinese markets. Blend them to powder in a blender and add a scoop, with some salt.
[signature]