Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Ice Fishing Tournament Dec 29th
Scofield State Park will be holding it's 7th annual Ice Fishing Tournament on Saturday December 29th.

Tournament rules are the same as in past years.

We are changing the registration process a little. Instead of leaving a message on our answering machine to register, we would like to simplify the process by using our reservation office in Salt Lake City. They will be accepting registrations over the phone beginning December 3rd up until December 26th. They can be reached at 1-800-322-3770 Mon-Fri from 8-5.

Please call our office at Huntington State Park with any questions and we will help you out. 435 687-2491.

The second attachment talks about our" TriFishalon" event. We are teaming up with Rockport State Park and Starvation State Park to hold a combined event. Rockport will hold their tournament on January 19th and Starvation will hold their tournament on February 9th.

Thanks
Huntington/Scofield Staff
[signature]
Forgot to put the registration fee amount.
Same as years past.

$15 for an adult. $10 for sixteen yr old and under.
[signature]
so 45 dollars one at a time or 50 up front for all 3 and 2400 in total prize money and given out and 9000 collected in who is getting rich off this deal the state ??? 6600 in profit wow where do i sign up to make that kinda money in 3 days
[signature]
FYI: In years past, all money raised went to projects they were working on at each state park, so no one is getting rich. Some of us have noticed that the state has been cutting back on money they use to give the parks, so all this money is put to good use. I'm sure you can understand that times are tough for a lot of state programs and this is a good way to help the parks out without raising the cost of license fee.
[signature]
thats more understandable if the money stays in that lakes state park
[signature]
Sometimes people worry too much about how much money someone or some organization is making off of an event. In reality it comes down to one question that matters. Is the money that I pay for an entry fee worth it to me for what I personally may or may not gain from the experience? Every time you buy something, someone makes money from you!!
Just something to think about !
[signature]
What you say is completely true maniac. However, some (myself included) like to be informed consumers. There are many aspects to that as well. Like I am willing to pay a little extra $$ at Fish Tech and Western Rivers for the same item I can get at Sportsman's and Cabela's, because i benefit from their personalized service and I want them to stay around. And in this case, knowing the $$ is staying in the parks and not padding someones pockets gives me more incentive to participate. I know there are many perspectives on this but that is just how I see it.

OOps! Sorry I just realized this is a bit off topic for the thread. Sorry for the tangent, please continue about the Tournaments. [blush]
[signature]
Couldnt agree more maniac. if someone is upset about the money. dont participate simple as that
wasn't upset about the money as long as its going to the parks ill be there not for the money but a good day of fishing and i like to compete just to see how i do Smile
[signature]
I was only stating a point!
[signature]