Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach walleye catching?
Anyone heard of recent walleye reports at Lincoln?
Tomorrow looks like an awesome day to try for them!
[signature]
I was there on thursday and only one fisherman there and no walleyes caught. I did hit a spot I think is called Lake Shore by Lincoln beach and behold 60 people shoulder to shoulder where the river mouth was. Apparently people have been catching their limits there for the past 2 1/2 weeks. But as usual by the time I found out the bite was slow, saw a few people with a couple walleyes both make and females. One guy said he caught 32 in the past 3 weeks.
[signature]
Lake Shore is the town that borders the lake on the south end.
The river mouth you are talking about may be the inflow of Benjamin Creek? It is almost directly south of the east end of Lincolns rock jetty.
Thanks for the report.
[signature]
yeah maybe you drive on a dirt road through a few farm houses and there were cows across from where you fish. really shallow and no where to park.
[signature]
he's talking about Spanish fork river[Wink]
[signature]
Sandy beach is where you are talking about. It's a good place to catch them but show up early to get a spot or go to Provo at the boat harbor and sacrifice multiple jigs and the $10 entrance fee but you'll have more room.
[signature]
I am a glutton for punishment. I just finished hooking up the boat, tying two poles up, and loaded the worm box.
Here goes nuthin'!
[signature]
The reports of people catching their limits at "lake shore/sandy beach" are lies I fished there 3 times a week ago because I heard there was good fishing, very very few fish were caught considering the amount of people fishing. Not worth fishing elbow to elbow for any amount of fish, just my opinion. Went to the lincoln "area" yesterday and got 6. All were nice healthy fish very good day of walleye fishing and there was only 4 other fisherman in the area and they were catching them as well.
went past lincoln beach today but where do you fish from shore there? Everywhere seems really shallow..
[signature]
Most walleye in Utah lake during the spring are caught between 3-7 feet of water. You just have to go try different places and spend some time. Weather it be wading out, in a float tube/kick boat, raft or boat. Spending some time fishing is the only way to find the spot for you. I do catch walleye in the middle of the day not just in the mornings or evenings. I won't name exact locations because I don't want them turning into the sandy beach area where 60+people every night are hoping to catch some fish. That takes a lot of the fun out of fishing when it's elbow to elbow.