Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry
Me and my 2 boys hit strawberry a week ago on Saturday. We were on the ice at the main marina by 6:30. I drilled my first hole with a Newton me off Ksl manual auger. I thought I was going to die. Arms were killing me after the first hole. I got my oldest set up in the water. Then just about killed my arms as I drilled a new hole for my other boy. I got him in the water, I went over to help my oldest with some good old fashion twisted line. Then hear THATS WHAT I'M TALK'N ABOUT! Came from my youngest. He hooked into a nice cut. We caught 2 only had a couple other bites most of the day. Seems like it was hit and miss for most people.
[signature]
Great report. Good job getting the kids out.
[signature]
That's awesome...I love it when others get out there and take their kids...nothing better!
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
That last picture either has some corruption or you were moving the camera when you took the picture, it has some really strange digital tearing going on. Just FYI.
[signature]
Bluefox2 - You got some great future sportsman there! Maybe I can help you help them. I have a Clam Drill Auger conversion with a new 8 inch Eskimo Auger that I got last year, used it three times then bought a propane powered 10 inch. I would be happy to donate that to you and your boys if you are interested. All you would need was a 18 (or 20) volt cordless drill. It works great and drills several holes on one charge (depending on your drill) with ease. I'm new here but if I can figure out how to open a PM, PM me if you want it and we can make arrangements to meet and get it to you. I live in the Bountiful area but get around to most parts of the valley often. I raised two boys and I wouldn't trade the quality time I had with them in the outdoors for all the money in the world.
[signature]
Fisherfriend, wow, that is the kindest offer I've seen anyone make in a while. Thanks for being so generous. Obviously, you're paying it forward.

Larry
[signature]
+ 1 the offer you made is very generous and some day I hope to bump into you on the water and buy you a drink afterwards. Knowing the Pain of hand drilling, I am glad you are offering to help him and his boys. Sure wish there were more people out there willing to pay it forward like yourself. There is a great group of anglers on this board and seeng people willing to help out is great.
[signature]
That pic is funny. I was doing a panorama and moved to quick.
[signature]
I've been a lurker for too long. Bout time I gave back for all the good advice I've gotten from hanging back and reading others post. I will try and be active and give reports as well. Although my posts and advice my be worth exactly what you are paying for them! Thanks for your kind words Fatbiker and Chuuk. I still have the scar on a knuckle of my left hand where the top knob of my hand auger broke off and slamed my hand into the body of the auger.
[signature]
way to go, nice fish
[signature]