Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scofield
has anybody fished scofield lately, if so how was it and where were you fishing. maybe a trip this weekend.

IRONWORKER
[signature]
Scofield has slowed down considerably since the beginning of hard water this season. The fish are nice and healthy if you can find them but they are biting a lot less. The best times I have had to fish there recently are early morning just as the sun comes up. Once the sun hits the ice I have noticed the bites slow considerably. This season I have fished between the east shore and the island and also the opening of the channel where the dam is and it opens into the lake.

I have tried a bunch of jigs and have had good luck with a one inch power nymph, Berkley, and glow in the dark pink and green rat finkies. I have tried wax worms and mealies without hardly any luck. I have had good luck with night crawlers on the same trips where waxies didn't work.

I may be taking my brother-in-law there this saturday afternoon but don't know for sure yet. I usually have a radio on channel 12 with me when I go. Let us know how it goes when you fish it and good luck.
[signature]