Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Been To Mantua Lately ?
I'm looking for reports from Mantua. Location, tackle, Depth fished, The usual good info to help me catch some trout there. Because it is artificial only there, I don't know what to use. My only ice trip to Mantua was two years ago and I caught several on a Renegade tied on a jig head.I doubt that others have tried that, so what do you use? DKSRenegade
[signature]
so did you pull out any decent sized bass?
[signature]
Actually the extreme high water temps in mantua and the low water last year took a serious toll on the trout.

It has historically been a non productive trout lake. many times the trout have been tried in there, and it never has done well for long periods of time.

Theres a ton of food in there, and tons of cover. But, its just too low in elevation, to shallow, and just not a great trout lake.

Regular stockings will keep the fishermen coming, and in the cooler years the trout will do ok. But it will always be a bass lake. Its just to bad the natural balance that was there is continually being screwed up with plantings of perch and trout. The lake managed itself very well for years when the bass chubs and bluegills were left to take care of themselves.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. It sounds like I need to go someplace different to pursue trout. One of these days I will have to convert to a Bass Man but I'm just not ready yet.I wish Strawberry wasn't so far away. The splake are now calling my name. DKSRenegade
[signature]