Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake Kokanee
Has anyone caught any kokanee or seen any kokanee at FL this year? Just wondering if it's even worth it to try.
[signature]
Well, I did go back to FL - second go round this year (posted on the other board). I have now seen one kokanee from FL. A friend and I went on Saturday and we did well for splake and rainbows - even got 2 suckers. And I did get one koke through the hole. It came off just as it cleared ice. I first thought I just had another small rainbow, but I quickly saw it was a kokanee. Problem was before I could get my hands on it, it went back down the hole. I did not get a photo or get a tape on it, but it was under 12" - pointy nose and silver. Still can't claim I have "caught" a koke through the ice, but I did get a look at one. Still scoreless.
It came on a small red and white jig, tipped with of all things, a piece of salad shrimp. Not sure it was the bait, probably just luck or lack of luck as I lost it back to the depths.
Count on it, I will try again.
[signature]
[quote brookie]
It came on a small red and white jig, tipped with of all things, a piece of salad shrimp. Not sure it was the bait, probably just luck or lack of luck as I lost it back to the depths.
Count on it, I will try again.[/quote]

I have got Kokanee on shrimp trolling,
[signature]