Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake changes
I heard that the fishing at utah lake was pretty good before the storms and cold weather hit this week but haven't heard much since Monday (right before the storm). Im just wondering if anyone has any info on how the fishing has been since the cold moved in? I would like to hit the lake but I've heard that storms like these really slow down the fishing and I don't think my wife can handle another cold weather skunk (she's seen a lot of those with me) [Wink] [Tongue]
[signature]
Yep, if you can give it a couple and better yet, three days of calmer (and warmer doesn't hurt) weather you will increase your odds of finding willing fish at Utah Lake.
[signature]
I have been anxious to get back out on UL but I'll wait out the stormy weather. UL is a relatively shallow lake and the storms and wind tend to muddy up the water and make fishing from the shore difficult and boating hazardous. The fish tend to shy away from the shallow water and seek refuge in the deeper water until the lake calms down. I have not fished for the past week because of the weather and I have not heard any reports of how the fishing is.

Rather than subject your wife to another possible skunk, and a cold skunk at that, I'd wait until the weather calms and the water temps climb a bit. It will not be too long before the catfish and the white bass begin their spawn and when they do the fishing will be much better. The walleyes will soon enter their post spawn feeding and should provide good action for those who know how to target them.

Patience is probably the key word. Fishing will be very good for most species in the near future.

Good luck to you and your wife when you do get out.

BLK
[signature]
Awesome! Thank you both for the response!
[signature]
Try some of the community ponds on the DWR website. Many of them have been planted. They will be more likey to have the feed bag on in this wild weather. If not they are close to a Texas Roadhouse which can, from personal experince, keep the bride happy on a cold skunk day.
[signature]
With this weather I am getting some pretty bad cabin fever. I'm going out to Lincoln Beach and give it a try today and/or tomorrow and will report back. Never caught a fish sitting at my computer yet. (What a fish would be doing sitting at my desk I cannot tell you [Tongue].)
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thanks for the advice, especially the texas roadhouse advice, I think that would be very helpful!
[signature]
And good luck to you!
[signature]
At a computer some people seem to catch a few while swiping Right, or is it Left?

Trolling is always popular too.
Thanks. I got bait in the water by 5:00. Got a couple of bites but no hookups. I'll try again here in a while. See my full report.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.