Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake, Cat Fish & Lovin'
Last night I ended up working late so instead my brother in law took his Ol' Lady, my sister down to Utah Lake, without me! She doesn't even fish, but my brother in law being the good law abiding citizen that he is, buys her a license anyways just for a moment like this. They set sail around 7:30 pm at AF Harbor clear skies no wind lake was like glass water temp 80 - air temp was 95. But it was even hotter in the boat... not sure why?
They headed round west to the mouth of the AF river. Only a couple of the Bass Boyz stood in the river. Calm waters and no wind made drifting the desirable fishing technique. Big Sis caught her first White bass on a gold Kastmaster, she loved that spunky little fight, but that wasn't as effective as the Mepps. Total she caught about a dozen White Bass. The week earlier a gold Kastmaster was the ticket. Seems like the heat is starting to slow down the White Bass.

The real excitement came while drifting with a chunk of fresh white bass on a treble hook. That's when Brother in law landed his first big cat 22+ and Big Sis had the time of her life with that net helping to land that feisty cat. They said it fought so hard. Other cats, busted lines and were never landed or seen.

The pictures of the sunset was beautiful. I'm still not sure why they got back to the boat harbor well past dark. Those bass don't seem to bite once the sun goes down.

Anyhow I write this report of others because I just lost my fishing partner and my spot in my boat! So I am currently looking for new fishing partner with a boat.
PM me please.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT! That was a fine first post![laugh] Still laughing about it. No help here with your boat trouble but there's a bunch of good guys here who may be able to help ya. Please keep posting. That was awesome
[signature]
Welcome to the forum. I unfortunately just lost my boat to mechanical problems so it’s up for sale but that’s a different story for different place. So I can’t help you out there. But I can welcome you and offer you any advice or help if you need for the south end of he lake as I fish out of Lincoln beach a few days a week. Sounds like they had a great time and got dialed in on the whities. Again welcome to he forum and hope to hear more from you.
[signature]
WelcomeJAGWAW,
Must be from the north since you came down to UL. At UL, 22 inches is not a "Big Cat", but they sure are fun to catch no matter what size.

I like the new technique for the WB picture. Most hold the fish closer to the camera to make it look bigger. By holding it away from the camera, it seems small, now others likely will not hot spot you.[Wink]

The lady didn't look to Ol' to me. You are correct about the sunsets at UL, they can be gorgeous, come down more often.