Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River Winter Report
Hey guys. Been a minute since I posted but am glad to be back. Just the other day I headed up to the weber and wanted to do a report on it. I tried a few spots but what ended up working was a gold inline spinner in the deepest water possible. Caught 6 in just over an hour so not to bad for the winter time. I have a video link down below if anyones interested. I returned the next morning with a buddy (after hyping up the spot of course) and caught absolutely nothing.  Dodgy Turns out that some sourt of insect hatch starts up and the river is on fire the last hour of daylight and pretty much dead the rest of the day. Just something to note if you decide to make a trip. Anyways, nothing crazy just wanted to post to the site again and let you all know that the browns are hungry on the weber!

Video Link: https://youtu.be/txJcHMIR76A
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
Thanks for the report. Where at on the Weber did you fish? I was up there a week ago and the water was really low above Morgan. Fish were stacked up in slow, deep pools. Lots of redds throughout the river but not many sitting on them or fertilizing eggs. Slow bite for me but managed to hook a few when my guides weren't iced up. Slow day for me overall
(11-22-2022, 05:23 PM)Boisan Wrote: Thanks for the report. Where at on the Weber did you fish? I was up there a week ago and the water was really low above Morgan. Fish were stacked up in slow, deep pools. Lots of redds throughout the river but not many sitting on them or fertilizing eggs. Slow bite for me but managed to hook a few when my guides weren't iced up. Slow day for me overall

I was just up the canyon a little ways. Low water and frozen guides were definitely an issue  Wink Like I said, the fishing is really only good the last hour of daylight but any other time it's been really slow.
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.