Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Perch
I would love to get into some Perch this year.  Would love to bring my 2 year old grandson ice fishing.  Anyone having luck for Perch at Pineview?  Where have you parked to gain access to the perch?  Depth for catching?  Time's of day that have been most successful?  Any leads would be appreciated.  Being 2 years old, I am lucky to get 1-2 hours of attention before the grandson is ready to leave, thus timing is important.

Thanks in advance!
I really haven't heard of anyone catching perch reliably at Pineview. They have been catching crappie in the narrows and getting on the ice at the caretakers house, but that's a night early morning bite... I think Rockport has had the best perch fishing this year, and that hasn't been very consistent... I don't know what to tell you... You might want to find a good community pond and take him for planter bows so he gets a good experience... I know Garden city pond was hot last Saturday and he would have had a blast, but I can't speak for other ponds... Good luck... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Pineview really seems to have dropped off the map for perch.  As soon as 2-3 years ago, I was catching perch there...even in the Narrows, but I haven't heard jack squat for a good perch report at Pineview.  Granted, alot of people fished Cemetery Point for them, but with the mess that access has become, that location is hard to access without machines to get you there...unless you're up for some exercise.  I just don't think many are up for it any more.  Too much trouble.

I will say that 2 seasons ago I was catching perch southeast of the Port Ramp, but with that closed off, it's a hoof to get over there from Windsurfer.  As has been said, your best bet for perch is either Rockport (and that's no gimme) or Utah Lake State Park.  If you're dead set ontrying to get him on some, I'd go to UL.  He may catch some perch and will probably get into some whites too. They are almost as good to eat, and you get more meat if of them too than perch.  Plus it's only 6-8' deep which means less line spooling out and "wasting time".  If it were me, I'd try the State Park off the docks...but that's just me.
You can find perch along the docks at UL state park.  Use ice fly with mealworms, waxworks, or white bass meat.  Fish close to the bottom and watch for light bite.
Thank you for your reports.