Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slush Monsters Return?
Did anyone get on the ice yesterday after the storm?  Did the slush monster return?  We got a lot of snow up north and I suspect that probably means a new round of slush to fight through, but maybe not, just checking to see if anyone made it fishing instead of shoveling snow?  Thanks J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
It lightly snowed up until dark at my house, so I'd be surprised if anyone got out yesterday but today should be different, looks like a nice day, so far. No matter where we go this week, I believe it's going to be tough going, unless you have a snow mobile or snow dog.
Hey Curt I'm afraid you're correct on that one... Guess there's another reason to get the mobile fixed... I've been lazy (busy with other things) and haven't worked on it, but its probably time that sled will be a lifesaver... Hope I don't have to plow too much snow after work today so I can work on the snowmobile.. If it's a slush monster though, not too sure I want to take a snowmobile out in it.... Later Jeff
(02-23-2023, 02:43 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Hey Curt I'm afraid you're correct on that one... Guess there's another reason to get the mobile fixed... I've been lazy (busy with other things) and haven't worked on it, but its probably time that sled will be a lifesaver...  Hope I don't have to plow too much snow after work today so I can work on the snowmobile.. If it's a slush monster though, not too sure I want to take a snowmobile out in it.... Later Jeff

More snow this afternoon and depending on the location, more tomorrow morning but Sat looks good. More next week too.
Kind of crazy weather this winter wonder when the season is going to change towards spring? These storms have been light fluffy snow, not the usual spring type snow you expect this time of year... Usually our ice season is about to wrap up, but not this year... Maybe it will change fast, who knows, but seems like we are looking at a long winter to me... Later Jeff
(02-23-2023, 04:59 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Kind of crazy weather this winter wonder when the season is going to change towards spring?  These storms have been light fluffy snow, not the usual spring type snow you expect this time of year... Usually our ice season is about to wrap up, but not this year... Maybe it will change fast, who knows, but seems like we are looking at a long winter to me... Later Jeff

I best guess is that we will start getting warmer weather next month and a lot of this snow we have on the ground will start melting, if we get a wet Spring, it will really help out a bunch, to fill most of our lakes.
https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...id=1102904
WE NEED THE WATER...I say through clenched teeth.  But let it stack up in the mountains...not my driveway.  My poor snow blower was choking on the 18-24" of snow that stacked up in my driveway and on my walks.  Too much work for an old man.

[Image: DFEP.jpg]

(02-23-2023, 06:05 PM)TubeDude Wrote: WE NEED THE WATER...I say through clenched teeth.  But let it stack up in the mountains...not my driveway.  My poor snow blower was choking on the 18-24" of snow that stacked up in my driveway and on my walks.  Too much work for an old man.

Next time call upon one of us to come and help you out!!  It's the least we can do for all your help and knowledge through the years
(02-23-2023, 08:13 PM)big_griggs Wrote:
(02-23-2023, 06:05 PM)TubeDude Wrote: WE NEED THE WATER...I say through clenched teeth.  But let it stack up in the mountains...not my driveway.  My poor snow blower was choking on the 18-24" of snow that stacked up in my driveway and on my walks.  Too much work for an old man.

Next time call upon one of us to come and help you out!!  It's the least we can do for all your help and knowledge through the years
Appreciate the kindly offer.  But I am still pretty active and have basic strength...although declining.  The good news is that my daughter and a grandson showed up with big shovels and helped a lot.  Also, when I ain't fishing and float tubing a bit of exercise is good for me.

[Image: LABOR.jpg]
As much as I hate snow/winter I have to agree that we need the water. I live in Cottonwood Heights, and I had about 18 inches. I know it was higher than the chute of my snow blower and my snow blower was coughing up blood trying to get through it. I think I'm going to watch the sales of two stage snow blowers and possibly get a new one. 

[Image: spring-is-around-the-corner.jpg]
Well I'm going to walk on Thin Ice here,,,,
I live in the mountains and I can tell you that we don't need anymore !
The snowpack is far above 1983 when some were fishing State Street.
Just about every reporting station is above 100%, some 200%, and yes...300%
Fact is, winter isn't over yet.
The runoff this year will likely be epic if not catastrophic.

Just my two sense.
My wife just got a text from someone who said "I'm gonna strangle the next person who says 'Yeah, but we need the water.' "
I just got back from Pineview. There was 2-3” of slush on top of 14” of ice. Plus 3” of snow on top. Not many people out. Saw 2 snowmobiles out there. Got some crappie and small perch. Kids had fun making a swimming pool for the fish.
Hey thanks for the pine view report. Bear Lake had a couple inches of slush Friday early but was freezing up during the day. Today Cutler had 3” of slush but freezing up. Looks like the slush reduced the snow depth so it’s not terrible deep snow on the ice like everywhere else. Man it’s crazy deep snow all over in my stomping ground. Mid thigh snow is crazy this late in the year out in the valleys. Hope the melt isn’t all at once or we will have some floods. Later Jeff
Rockport has about 7" snow on top of 4" of slush. Ice is thick but getting gray.
(02-23-2023, 10:29 PM)TubeDude Wrote: [Image: DFEP.jpg]

[Image: LABOR.jpg]
Dude - that's some serious snow.  Not so much in Hooper.  Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 82 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
You need a two-stage blower self-propelled blower, not a single stage, manually-propelled unit. There are some for sale on line on Craigs and FB Marketplace for good prices actually.
(02-27-2023, 09:11 PM)BearLakeFishGuy Wrote: You need a two-stage blower self-propelled blower, not a single stage, manually-propelled unit.  There are some for sale on line on Craigs and FB Marketplace for good prices actually.

When we first moved back to Salt Lake...and I was younger and healthier...I got a great 2-stage. We only have a short walk in front, but quite a bit of driveway.  Never got enough snow to really put the bigger blower to the test and traded it to a friend for his smaller model.  Since then, have had one or two snowfalls that have given the smaller blower a workout but it has done a good job.  Last week's big dump was a rarity and I doubt I will be around long enough to see another of its ilk. 

But, thanks for your concern.  How are you enjoying your 7 day weekends?
(02-27-2023, 09:11 PM)BearLakeFishGuy Wrote: You need a two-stage blower self-propelled blower, not a single stage, manually-propelled unit.  There are some for sale on line on Craigs and FB Marketplace for good prices actually.
If I get a two-stage blower to pull me around the ice, do I have to register it?