Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DWR Article...Effects of High Water
We've had some discussion and speculation on the board about what our current high water conditions will do...to and for our fishing this year.  Just got my newsletter from DWR and they had this writeup on conditions.
LINK TO ARTICLE
Thanks Pat,I enjoyed reading both this article and the Collapse in fishery,it’s interesting the different perspectives between the business owners and biologists.
(06-10-2023, 04:45 PM)Redrebel Wrote: Thanks Pat,I enjoyed reading both this article and the Collapse in fishery,it’s interesting the different perspectives between the business owners and biologists.

Yessir.  Everybody has their own opinions...based upon the nature and extent of their personal interest in a given matter. (And the amount of their personal knowledge of the subject)

I love the old saying "You can always tell an opinionated person.  You just can't tell them much."
Kind of reminds me of the good water year we had maybe 5? 6? Years ago, and all the biologists were blown away because the small mouth began acting differently down at powell. Iirc, they moved off shore and attacked in shoals, similar to striper behavior.

Anyways, seems like a good year to try some new things out there. Just pleased to have the water.
Hey Pat looks like they are pretty much in line with what you and I have discussed in the past, so I was pretty much expecting the conditions they spell out... Good write up, thanks Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!