Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 6/17 & 6/21
Been out a couple times this last week. Everything seems slow and other than a handful in the mornings the bite seems timid at best. The water seems to be clearing a bit but I would still consider the visibility on the low end. Last night when the sun dropped they seemed to be hitting the top more eating the bugs. Fair mix of rainbows and cutts just depending on where we were. Little bit of narrows, salamander, renegade, etc. swim baits, tubes, power bait. Very slow retrieval was all that worked. Not seeing the success with tubes that I have in the past. Natural shad and darker swim baits tipped with worm seem to be best. I’d recommend 5-10am, casting toward shore, fish the baits slowly. Hopefully as the run off settles things will improve but still always great to be out!
I am glad you got into a few but the reports so far this spring sure seem off for the berry. Even the cut action. I wonder if Kent has had one of his 100 cut days this spring
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(06-22-2023, 03:11 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I am glad you got into a few but the reports so far this spring sure seem off for the berry. Even the cut action. I wonder if Kent has had one of his 100 cut days this spring

Ya I Havnt heard of anybody having a lights out day yet, i had a friend do well one day a couple weeks ago with the kokes and cutts trolling but that was about it and it def wasn’t one of those 100 fish days. Hopefully they are coming soon! At least before fall!