Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay entry
It’s been a minute since the last time that I tried to get into Willard Bay early but if I remember right, they don’t open the gates till a certain time. Is this true or is my memory serving me wrong also I bought a state park pass online. I have not received the card yet. Do I still have to pay when I go there? Can I show them the email?
You should be able to show your confirmation email for the pass - provided there's anybody to show it to. If there isn't, get a daily envelope and write "Digital Pass" on it as proof, and leave that on your dash. The gates open at 6:00 on a timer. You should also get the proof app for your phone.
(05-18-2024, 12:07 AM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: You should be able to show your confirmation email for the pass - provided there's anybody to show it to. If there isn't, get a daily envelope and write "Digital Pass" on it as proof, and leave that on your dash. The gates open at 6:00 on a timer. You should also get the proof app for your phone.

Thank you
I've been to Willard 5 times this year. I have yet to see ONE Parkee. No one at the entrance station. The new entrance is a joke. Someone must have had a bunch of money in their budget to spend that much on asphalt that circles around and literally take you back to the entrance. Hundreds of thousands of $$ on that much asphalt! Yet the east dock in the north marina is "jerry-rigged" together and from the outside of the north marina all the concrete along the water, just to the south is eroded and collapsing.
(05-18-2024, 03:22 AM)BearLakeFishGuy Wrote: I've been to Willard 5 times this year.  I have yet to see ONE Parkee.  No one at the entrance station.  The new entrance is a joke.  Someone must have had a bunch of money in their budget to spend that much on asphalt that circles around and literally take you back to the entrance.  Hundreds of thousands of $$ on that much asphalt!  Yet the east dock in the north marina is "jerry-rigged" together and from the outside of the north marina all the concrete along the water, just to the south is eroded and collapsing.

The reason they changed the North Marina entrance is because on the weekends the line to get into the lake was backing up onto the freeway creating a hazard, so they needed to create more space for the boats and trucks to line up  to enter the lake.
That's never been explained before, but it makes sense.