Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Side Story at RP
Returned to the scene of the crime, but this time in my buddy's boat.  On the water around 9am, quitting at 1pm.  Thought we'd tear 'em up, but we worked hard to get half-doz each of smallies & perch.  West side start in my shoreline spot from last Sat, and that proved to be the best.  Tried east side cuts, bays, points and rocky spines, the dam, but nary a bite.  East side water temps at 58-59, a degree or two lower than west side.  Weber River coming in like gangbusters, roily & brown.  Wind just baby whitecaps, taking turns from all four directions.  The perch & smallies we could find were in 5-10' of water, with the perch going 8-9" and the bass 12-15".  Light biters, even the smallies biting like perch.  Missed lots more than we boated.  Planning to hit Jordy this Sunday.
Boat ramps - one with the ranger's boat is best. There has been a huge school of perch hanging in the area.
(06-06-2024, 01:30 AM)stan55 Wrote: Boat ramps - one with the ranger's boat is best. There has been a huge school of perch hanging in the area.

Agree.  I've fished off that myself and done well.  But yesterday two guys on it were getting only 5" perch.
The bigger perch are out a little bit from the docks. I caught some 10-inch perch from my boat where the dock fisherman couldn't cast to.