Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordyn and Oakley Cafe
Wife and Buckwheat wanted to go out for dinner so I told them i would take them up to try the Oakley Cafe but they had to pick a spot near there and catch five fish before we could go home....

Oakley Cafe was very good. I love chicken fried steak and gravey. Thiers is a differnt type of  sausage gravey but I really liked it. 

The bride picked Jordy to catch her 5 fish. Full disclosure - I have never fished Jordy so had no idea where to take her. Ended up in the provo inlet arm near the small craft launch. There were tons of small perch and bass in the weeds and rocks. She tossed a silver blue fox spinner. Not cause that was our plan just cause it was already on that pole and she caught fish immediately with it so never changed. I also caught some on a curly tail jig.

Kids could catch perch there all day with a bit of worm. 

No size to either perch or bass.

The challenge was to catch five which we did in a few minutes so we went and bought groceries for our camping trip into wyoming. Will report that Thur.

Short video. Cookie caught a bass with a perch hanging out its mouth. She thought that was pretty funny.

https://youtu.be/Ov5kBURMbT4
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I've been by that cafe a few times, never stopped in but had thoughts to. A broken hook on the lure? That sounds like lure sabotage, I wonder who did that?  Dodgy Either someone wanted to stay longer to fish which would get my vote or prevent the master from a monster hookup.  Rolleyes
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(07-31-2024, 11:38 AM)Bduck Wrote: I've been by that cafe a few times, never stopped in but had thoughts to. A broken hook on the lure? That sounds like lure sabotage, I wonder who did that?  Dodgy Either someone wanted to stay longer to fish which would get my vote or prevent the master from a monster hookup.  Rolleyes

In the words of Sgt Shultz..." I know nothing. Nothinnng."
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew