Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kolob Round #2
We hit Kolob again this past weekend for round #2, and it did not disappoint! Arrived at our usual time, around 7am. Weather was perfect at 53 degree air temp with a forecasted high in the upper 60's and low wind at 6mph. Water level looked identical to 2 weeks ago...one degree cooler at 61 degrees and clarity better than last time without the high wind. We went straight to where we found them last time, and it was immediately game on! This time a LOT of tigers in the mix, all colored up and sassy! Fish definitely seem very concentrated in certain areas right now. We would leave our spot at times to try other areas and hardly anything. We'd return to our spot and game back on! We ended up tripling our totals from last trip, including the grand slam last minute when my daughter landed a big brookie to finish the day! Fished until 1pm, landed 30 fish...missed many more. Fun times! Fish are fat and healthy, as you can tell. Leaves are starting to change colors already up there...just gonna get better and better until ice-on! 

[Image: 20240908-124809.jpg]

[Image: 20240908-125125.jpg]

[Image: 20240908-124908.jpg]

[Image: 20240908-125100.jpg]

[Image: 20240908-124943.jpg]

[Image: 20240908-125036.jpg]

[Image: 20240908-124845.jpg]
Great pics..well done..Fall bite should be starting soon in a lot of our waters..
Another fun day for you and your daughter.

Thanks for sharing the report and the great pictures.

Those are some healthy looking fish.
Wow those are some big and healthy-looking fish. I've only been there once but never fished it. Looks like I'll have to add it to my bucket list. Great times and memories to share with your daughter.
Holy cow! I had to look for laces on your daughter's bow; that thing is thicc!
Nice kype developing on the first tiger pic. Nice brookie, too! I am sure that was a welcome surprise. I didn't know they were in there. Really healthy looking cutt, too!
Is their big protein source in Kolob the crawfish, or is there a baitfish they predate on?
I think the adventures you get to go on with your daughter are great, dude. Thanks for always posting the inspiring pics!
Thanks everybody...I cherish every trip I can get out with her, she's a blast and a chip off the ol block! As for food source in Kolob, really no bait fish in there, other than their own, but lots of crawdads and great hatches!