Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windshield help
(09-14-2024, 03:50 PM)RILEYFISH Wrote:
(09-08-2024, 11:55 PM)Lundboy54 Wrote: I have a broken windshield on a lund has anyone had theirs fixed locally

a few years back, i lost the port side to my lund 1700 fisherman. I reached out to Lund. i was advised to get the info off my windshield for the manufacturer who makes most windshields for boats, Taylor made. I then reached out to Taylor made, spoke with a very helpful gentleman who after i provided him with all the needed info, i was able to make arrangements to send the frame of my port side window back to them. They re set the glass, crated it up and sent it back to me to re install which i did. 

900.00 bucks for everything. You wont find anyone around here who can shape glass like this. Lexan or plexiglass i was told can be heated up, bent and shaped to fit. I immediatly ordered a tuxedo to cover my window now for all travel, even just a few miles to Willard. it SUCKS that this is the way it is but either fork out the cash, get lucky and find someone who has one laying around that will fit your model.

If i, God forbid it happens, loose another, I will go and have something fabricated and change the design of my windshield to a more square design(old school) to accomidate flat glass and be done. 

Good luck on your treasure hunt.

Thanks for all the help on this I looked at plexiglass and all other solution have decided I pay insurance for a reason and I'm going to put in a claim and get it fixed the best way in my opinion with new glass I will be getting a cover as soon as it's fixed
(09-11-2024, 06:09 PM)Mr. J Wrote:
(09-10-2024, 09:38 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(09-10-2024, 08:47 PM)Mr. J Wrote:
(09-09-2024, 06:06 PM)k2muskie Wrote: Folks we know had same thing happen to their Lund windshield.  Cost was like $2800.  Not cheap.  Once you get fixed recommend getting a windshield cover if you don’t have one.  We invested in one as it’s way cheaper than a boat windshield.

[Image: IMG-1941.jpg]

Thanks Kim, I have been thinking of getting a cover for my boat windshield because it's too much to remove the boat cover at the ramp and then stow it. I just ordered one from amazon, hope it fits well.

rj

They have them at Cabala's for 80 or 90 dollars. How much did you pay on Amazon?

Interesting! I checked Cabela's before Amazon. Cabela's price was 166.00 same as Amazon. I ordered from Amazon because of free shipping.
Just ordered this from Cabala's, it was $89.99, a little more after taxes.
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/outdoor-...lsrc=3p.ds
(09-11-2024, 06:09 PM)Mr. J Wrote:
(09-10-2024, 09:38 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(09-10-2024, 08:47 PM)Mr. J Wrote:
(09-09-2024, 06:06 PM)k2muskie Wrote: Folks we know had same thing happen to their Lund windshield.  Cost was like $2800.  Not cheap.  Once you get fixed recommend getting a windshield cover if you don’t have one.  We invested in one as it’s way cheaper than a boat windshield.

Thanks Kim, I have been thinking of getting a cover for my boat windshield because it's too much to remove the boat cover at the ramp and then stow it. I just ordered one from amazon, hope it fits well.

rj

They have them at Cabala's for 80 or 90 dollars. How much did you pay on Amazon?

Interesting! I checked Cabela's before Amazon. Cabela's price was 166.00 same as Amazon. I ordered from Amazon because of free shipping.
Just ordered this from Cabala's, it was $89.99, a little more after taxes.
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/outdoor-...lsrc=3p.ds
(09-14-2024, 04:21 PM)Lundboy54 Wrote:
(09-14-2024, 03:50 PM)RILEYFISH Wrote:
(09-08-2024, 11:55 PM)Lundboy54 Wrote: I have a broken windshield on a lund has anyone had theirs fixed locally

a few years back, i lost the port side to my lund 1700 fisherman. I reached out to Lund. i was advised to get the info off my windshield for the manufacturer who makes most windshields for boats, Taylor made. I then reached out to Taylor made, spoke with a very helpful gentleman who after i provided him with all the needed info, i was able to make arrangements to send the frame of my port side window back to them. They re set the glass, crated it up and sent it back to me to re install which i did. 

900.00 bucks for everything. You wont find anyone around here who can shape glass like this. Lexan or plexiglass i was told can be heated up, bent and shaped to fit. I immediatly ordered a tuxedo to cover my window now for all travel, even just a few miles to Willard. it SUCKS that this is the way it is but either fork out the cash, get lucky and find someone who has one laying around that will fit your model.

If i, God forbid it happens, loose another, I will go and have something fabricated and change the design of my windshield to a more square design(old school) to accomidate flat glass and be done. 

Good luck on your treasure hunt.

Thanks for all the help on this I looked at plexiglass and all other solution have decided I pay insurance for a reason and I'm going to put in a claim and get it fixed the best way in my opinion with new glass I will be getting a cover as soon as it's fixed

Keep us posted on  your progress on this if you dont mind. I understand they are getting pretty tough to find for any price. If I loose another for some reason, I might end up doing some kind of major fabrication process and change it all up.