Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Dell Res. and Payson Lakes?
I recently learned of two areas I have yet to fish....

First one, Little Dell Reservoir just east of SLC. A guy in my English class says its a great little flyfishing lake for native cutthroats. I have never heard of it before. Does anybody know anything about it?

Second area, Payson lakes. I hear they are alot like some of the Uinta lakes. I'll be down there camping next week after which I'll break off and go to Huntington Res. Has anybody been to the Payson lakes recently?
[signature]
Great fishing with lures, Cutts, Brokies and Rainbows. No motor boats.
[signature]
Are you talking about the Payson lakes or Little Dell?
[signature]
Little Dell
[signature]
Try doing a search for both of them on this forum and you will find lots of information about both of them.
[signature]
Payson lakes gets quite a bit of pressure. There are 3 lakes, all are quite small and lots of people go there to play around in canoes and stuff. The biggest lake is probably no bigger than Tibble Fork, but unlike Tibble Fork, Payson lakes has a campground right there so you have all those people to compete with. I don't believe there are any ramps. The campground itself was closed several times last year due to bears.
[signature]
I stopped by Little Dell on Sunday about 2 pm and there where just 2 kayaks out on the water and nobody on the shore. I didn't fish as just wanted to look if it was a good place for my son to get some kayaking in thru the fall. Planning another winter kayak and fishing trip to the Everglades and he needs to be able to contribute more paddling effort this time. I think when we go up with the kayak I'll toss out a streamer behind and see if I catch anything. Supposed to be nice size cutts in there.
[signature]
After checking the Utah Division of Water Quality site for Little Dell ... [url "http://www.waterquality.utah.gov/watersheds/lakes.htm"]http://www.waterquality.utah.gov/watersheds/lakes.htm[/url]
... I found out there is also populations of brook trout and brown trout in that system

Also found this in the 2008 guidebook. Artificials only and all Cutts must be immediately released.

[size 2]LITTLE DELL RESERVOIR [/size][font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2](Salt Lake County)
ARTIFICIAL FLIES AND LURES ONLY.[/size][/font][font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2]•
[/size][/font][font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2]CLOSED to the possession of cutthroat trout.[/size][/font][font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2]•
[/size][/font][font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2]All cutthroat trout must be immediately [/size][/font][font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2]• [/size][/font][font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2]released. [/size][/font]
[font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2]
[/size][/font]
[signature]