Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newcastle
Pretty good trip. Caught 10 fish from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. They were about half rainbows and half smallies. All about 14". They are hitting anything that looks like a minnow. The golden shiners are all over and the fish are feasting. Some other fisherman were in a boat and pulled in some 4 larger smallies about 17" and at least a dozen others fishing with crankbaits near the shore. There isn't much cover so the fish are hugging the shore line.
[signature]
Was it crowded up there? Where there a lot of boaters?
[signature]
Where's Newcastle?[unsure]
[signature]
Newcastle is 30 miles west of Cedar City. It's one of those out of the way places that doesn't get a lot of pressure at least the times that I've been there this year. Last night there were 2 boats (2 guys each) and one other shore fisherman that was there for an hour. Two other times I've been the only one fishing there, but I've never been there on weekends.
[signature]
Sounds like a good trip. I'll try and make the next trip. Ya this lake usually doesn't receive a lot of pressure but ever since Enterprise was drained it's had double or triple the amount of pressure.
[signature]
sure hope to see ya register here and give regular input - we need alot more southern utah fishin' cats on this board!

[Wink]

sm
[signature]