Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the perch bigger?
I have been reading the posts about ice fishing at Rockport and Echo. I was thinking, from what I was reading, that the perch were bigger at Rockport. But another post suggested (if I understood right) that the perch at Echo were bigger.

Where can I find the perch with the biggest average size? Thanks.

m
[signature]
I fished echo 2 days, rockport 5 days. My vote is rockport. More trout action at rockport too.
[signature]
I think the answer to your question is going to be a matter of opinion. The biggest perch I've caught at Rockport is 12 inches and I know several others that have caught them that size and maybe a little bigger, there are claims of perch up to 15 inches. HFT said they caught some big perch at Echo yesterday and other people have said they have caught big perch there also. If it were me I would fish Rockport in the morning and Echo in the afternoon if you have time. The bite at Rockport usually die off around 11am, good luck no matter were you go. WH2
[signature]
Thank you very much guys. I am going to take a friend ice fishing for the first time on Monday(his first time). I want to take some fish home for the family and I think perch are perfect for that, although a wouldn't mind a few trout either. (I feel guilty taking anything out of Strawberry and some of the other places.) This info helped me make up my mind. As was suggested, I will hit Rockport early and try Echo later if I am not satisfied. Thanks again.

m
[signature]
I would choose Deer Creek if I wanted the largest perch; however, I haven't heard any recent reports from there.
[signature]