Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having a blast at Lincoln Beach
Richard and I were on the water at LB at 6:55. He caught his first fish at 7:02 and I caught at 7:05. They were hot until about 9:30 then it slowed down for awhile. We were trolling out in 10 ft. Richard had 2 poles, I said "Fish on Richard" . He started to real it in, and I said "fish on your other pole". He told me to real it in while he netted the first one. He then hollered to me "fish on your pole". He took his second pole and landed a nice 27" cat that weighed 14 lbs., which really put up a fight. The highlight of the day was on our way into dock, and Richard caught a nice 29" cat. He forgot to weigh the big one, but I'll bet it weighed 15 1/2 lbs, one of the fattest cat fish I've ever seen. We caught and released 20 total. What a great day.
[signature]
Good going! Maybe those big cats are getting over their love cycle and beginning to think about food. The wind has had me grounded for the past couple of days but hoping for less wind next week. I might give it a go in the morning if I can get around the recreational boaters.

Lots of weight on those fish so I'm guessing they were probably big-bellied heavy weights. Will watch for the pic on contest page. About time some of the big boys were starting to show up again.

Glad you got out and always good to meet you on the water. Keep them coming.

BLK
[signature]
I guess he isn’t feeling so bad about not coming with me after all, that is pretty good medicine... we caught about 16 including a nice carp that is now in my bait bags and the highlight is my handicapped son caught 8 fish and the biggest which none of the ones we caught were big they were all cookie cutter but he caught the carp.
[signature]
Lynn, the 29" still had some open battle marks but had defiantly put on some weight as well as the 27". Most of the males we have been getting are still skinny.
[signature]
Thanks so much for your reports. I miss LB so much.
I find it interesting that you and Mooseman could catch them so well early in the morning during the full moon. I just saw a U-tube that said you can't do that. You have to wait until evening during the full moon. LOL
[signature]
[#0000FF]C'mon Randy. You've been around long enough to know that whenever the "experts" generalize they are overlooking that every body of water is potentially different...especially Utah Lake. There are a whole bunch of other factors that have more influence than the silly phase of the moon...like wind and weather.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Hoping to make a fast run down there tomorrow, 21 July. Hope you folks haven't given all the Cats "sore lips" to the point they stop biting while I'm there [sly]

Be glad to meet & greet any BFT'ers out of LB tomorrow morning. Went up to Bear River today, beautiful morning but no fish caught.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I know TD. I have tried fishing down there at nite on full moon and never done any good. I don't remember ever checking the moon calender before heading to LB before. But I did just see that on utube. I need to get down there again.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Most of the year it is just as good to fish during the day on Utah Lake. But during the hottest part of the summer the bigger fish seem to become a bit more nocturnal. Some of the biggest cats of the year are taken at night in hot late summer.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]You are always welcome down here. Give us a heads up if you are heading this way and you might get some immoral support...and company if you want some.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I agree that every body of water is unique but Utah Lake is more uniquer than all the rest.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

[#0000FF]Yeah, verily. It is one of the uniquest I have ever fished. And a lot of those who fish it also qualify as unique...rhymes with reek.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]