Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bountiful Pond depth...
went to bntfl pond last week and did some research. we mapped the lake on paper and then drilled many holes in various places on the lake. With our fishfinder we "mapped" the water depth, and I was quite disappointed. The deepest spot we marked was 11' just east of the first island. Average depth elsewhere was only 4'-6'. The caretaker there had told me of a 30' hole in between the islands, but no such hole existed (that we could find).
Using a fishfinder , it may have picked up the highest point in the cone and not showing you the true depth . You can check it out with measuring your line that you drop to the bottom and compare to the fishfinder . If there is a sharp drop off , the fish finder will only show the highest point in the area it gets signals from . Are you going to display the map here . Sounds like a cool project . I never have been there , but will have to check it out this year . From what I have read it is a float tube water I have not hit yet . Nice hooters , I mean ford . LOL
[signature]
I saw that hole back when they made the lake and it was there when they made the lake. also how was the ice there I haven't been then for a few? how thick was the ice? and I would love to see your map if your willing.
[signature]
I was trying to locate it on a photo . Is this it ?
[signature]
I don't have access to a scanner, but if you want my map, i can make a copy and mail it to you. PM me if you want one.[Wink]