Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach report 9/21/19
Joatmon and I went fishing out of Lincoln harbor today. He had come down last night and caught 8 white bass which we planned to use for bait. But the mink or cats got them all. He fished late into the night and caught two bumper cats, 27-27.5". Then he slept over and was up to meet me before dawn. With a little help from Mooseman we got launched without issue.

We strolled out from the springs and the L in 10 fow. We soon were into the cats using the wb he had left over on his hooks. All day we took turns catching cats and ended up with 8 each. Brett caught two more bumpers at 28". (Correct me on the exact numbers, Brett.) At one point we had a triple going on. I caught no bumpers but it was a beautiful, cool, calm late summer day. We were still catching at 1:00 when I had to go.

I caught most of my fish on a flait (thanks, Pisco). Brett was doing fine with a couple of Santee rigs. All tipped with wb, of course.

The water temperature was 60°. We could see our breath first thing in the morning but it warmed up enough eventually so that we could take our jackets off and enjoy the solar heat on our skin.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I’ve been waiting to hear about your day. Sounds like ya broke through the skunk with a great day. We didn’t fish all that long. Not a single hit on any rod, and we wanted to pick up as much trash as possible. We did get 2 garbage bags off the north dike. Talked with Piscophilic and he picked up garbage off the south dike. Pretty bad when we had more fun doing that than fishing lol... but I’m happy joatman got more bumpers that’s awesome. How did you guys do loading the boat? Everything go ok?
[signature]
Thanks for picking up trash. Was there a lot?

I had a pet emergency at home so I was trying to load the boat fast, and you probably know how that goes. But we got it on the third try.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Hey Craig, I'm impressed! good mornings work! I was sure that the cold snap would have had those cats copletely shut down for a day or so. You guys did a lot better than I would have thought based on the weather.

I suspect they had run for deeper water and that is why Justin didn't find any off the dike.

I have some more of those for you guys as I mentioned. I'll try t oget them to you early this week.
[signature]
Thanks. I was afraid they would be shut down, too, but ya gotta go when ya can. Brett caught his two bumpers right by the ramp the night before, so go figure. We did find the deepest water we could, varying between 9.5 and 10 feet. We had goals of 9 and 10 fish respectively and I'm pretty sure we would have made it if I hadn't had to leave early.
[signature]

Sorry we misted you guys for the clean up. We were into canning peaches in the early part of the day. Thinking you might still be there in the early afternoon we went out to help. Brought what we thought we needed, knowing you would have trash bags. OOPS! wrong thinking. I did however remove a large rock from the middle of the parking lot. Hope that helps some.

rj
[signature]
Thanks again for taking me out on your boat, big brother. It was great! I did capture one suspect in the missing white bass caper on film - see attached photos. I ended up with three bumper fish (27.5, 27.5, and 28), finally getting over 80” total.
[signature]

jack of all tackle, master of none
You know, they do claim that Minkie Couture are the best blankets!
[signature]
It was a pleasure seeing you again. Sorry that little stinker mink stole the bait I was hoping for a piece. Oh well I'm happy you got a couple bumpers that makesfor a fun trip.
[signature]
Yeah, sorry I missed you, too. It is our responsibility to keep it cleaned up at all times so we can all just keep pecking at it. I had to rush off to the pet hospital so I didn't get to clean up then, but I'll put in my time when I can. Maybe you and the missus can join up with me and mine sometime.
[signature]