Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Lake?
I was there about a month ago, and fished at the dam. nowhere really to park on that side, and if you want to access the other end of the lake (boat ramp) you will need a snow machine, or the long walk. Conditions for the ice were fine, like 6-7 inches when i was there.
[signature]
If you take a machine from the north boat dock, stay close to the west bank for the first half of a mile, to avoid the bubble up. It probably is frozen but will be thinner ice. Always good fishing close to the bubble up.
[signature]
Can you explain the, "bubble up", and maybe a little more of what to watch for? I've always wanted to make a trip down that way, but I have no experience with those bodies of water and would like to be safe.

Thanks!
[signature]
It will be open water, they pump water out of Skyline mine, it will be easy to see.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Last year the bubble up was too murky. I don’t doubt there’s fish there but with six inch visibility it’s tough.
[signature]
Did you make it to Electric Lake?
[signature]
Have not made it up there yet. I often fish alone but I have not fished Electric in over ten years and then it has only been in the summer. Taking the sled up in the snow adds a bit so I figure it’s best if I can go when I can find someone to go with just in case I run into a problem. Have not been able to find anyone that can go yet but hope to before the season ends.
[signature]
I don't have a snowmobile but if you need someone to just go along I'm always up for an adventure.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.
If my snowmobile is ever repaired I might be interested in making a run up to Electric Lake.
[signature]
I wouldn't mind trying to make a trip down that way. I've been wanting to go, but the thought of going alone for the first time has kept me from being serious about it. I could do a Sunday or Monday.
[signature]
What fish will you be targeting there? Never fished it, but might be fun to try. I've got a flexible schedule so I might be able to go with you.
[signature]
Yellowstone cutthroats
Bear Lake cutthroats (not as plentiful as yellowstone)
Tiger Trout
Kokanee (smaller than Strawberry but perhaps a little easier to catch)
A few football shaped rainbows
[signature]
I've got a very flexible schedule so can pretty much go any day....prefer Mon-Sat.
[signature]
I'm good for a Monday...and most other days. Maybe we try to find a day that works with EyLayo and the three of us make a trip?
Let me know what works!
[signature]
Sent a PM.
[signature]
Sounds like an alright place to try out. I can't make it this week, but let's try and make something happen sometime after that.
[signature]