Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek ice? (Feb 12)
I just read a post from about a week ago that did there was 5-6" of ice at Deer Creek.   We've had several days of warm weather since then. Has anyone been to Deer Creek lately and found good ice? 
(02-13-2021, 01:14 AM)SkinnyLynnie Wrote: I just read a post from about a week ago that did there was 5-6" of ice at Deer Creek.   We've had several days of warm weather since then. Has anyone been to Deer Creek lately and found good ice? 
I have a buddy that checks on it for me. He sent pictures that dont look that promising. It looks rotten and edges are soft. When we are lucky to see Deer creek freeze, it may only be safe for 1 to 3 weeks. It seems to freeze every two years. You have to seize the opportunity while it lasts.
Gabe
We were up there yesterday fishing from our float tubes near the main ramp.  There is a lot of ice near the dam and up to the north.  We had a couple of small ice sheets float by moving from the dam toward the north.  The middle portion of the reservoir is still open water.  I would think there is still some fishable ice toward Charleston but with these warm temperatures it could be sketchy.

Good luck but be careful.  
(02-13-2021, 01:33 AM)gofish435 Wrote: We were up there yesterday fishing from our float tubes near the main ramp.  There is a lot of ice near the dam and up to the north.  We had a couple of small ice sheets float by moving from the dam toward the north.  The middle portion of the reservoir is still open water.  I would think there is still some fishable ice toward Charleston but with these warm temperatures it could be sketchy.

Good luck but be careful.  

That's what I was afraid of. I may have to wait until next year to ice fish Deer Creek. Thanks anyway for the reply and information. It saved me a trip up the canyon to find out.