Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek
Me and my buddy headed up early this morning and got stopped by DNR. He asked, you here for the tournament? Me and my buddy looked at each other and was like......No. and he said okay that will be $10 dollars. Good thing we brought some cash! We never carry cash anymore.  Had no idea of a tournament up there today. I figured this place is gonna be packed! But not that bad at all. Long story short the hill just north of the dam is brutal if you got alot of gear. Down on the ice with the tent set up with the humminbird helix 5 and aqua vu underwater camera in the water by 7:30. Marked only a few fish all day. And seen a couple on camera. Iced 1 between both of us. Always fun to get out with my fishing buddy though. But crappy fishing. Anyone else up there today? On the way out talked to a few people and they had as good of luck as we did.
(01-28-2023, 10:15 PM)Amn Wrote: Me and my buddy headed up early this morning and got stopped by DNR. He asked, you here for the tournament? Me and my buddy looked at each other and was like......No. and he said okay that will be $10 dollars. Good thing we brought some cash! We never carry cash anymore.  Had no idea of a tournament up there today. I figured this place is gonna be packed! But not that bad at all. Long story short the hill just north of the dam is brutal if you got alot of gear. Down on the ice with the tent set up with the humminbird helix 5 and aqua vu underwater camera in the water by 7:30. Marked only a few fish all day. And seen a couple on camera. Iced 1 between both of us. Always fun to get out with my fishing buddy though. But crappy fishing. Anyone else up there today? On the way out talked to a few people and they had as good of luck as we did.

We hit it today as well and did ok, caught 14, I'll post a report later but it was amazing the amount of deer and elk we saw on the drive in and out. We got there around 8 am but there wasn't any DWR checking then, what time did you guys get there?
It was about 630am. I was the fishing buddy
Wow sounds like you had an awesome day! Ya we seen tons of deer, but no elk. What kind of bait and lure were you using?
(01-29-2023, 02:08 AM)Amn Wrote: Wow sounds like you had an awesome day! Ya we seen tons of deer, but no elk. What kind of bait and lure were you using?

We used a wide range of baits, nightcrawler pieces, meal worms, spikes, wax worms, even chub meat. I was using a glow crappie magnet and one of Tubedude's glow jigs that he makes.