Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview questions
Hello my fellow fisherbuddies! I'm thinking about trying Pineview for the first time this weekend. I've never ice fished this body of water and was wondering about access points and best times to fish? Early morning or afternoon and evening? Also Im going to be foot soldiering it but I'm not afraid to go for a hike if necessary general area pointers would be appreciated. TIA
I used to fish Pineview a lot...both open water and ice fishing.  I gave up on the former when it became a power squadron zoo overpriced to access.  And I quit ice fishing several years ago.  But I did make this map if it will help.  The one access point not marked is the "windsurfer" access...a small turnout and parking area just before reaching the port ramp.

Others will have to advise you on current access conditions.  New restrictions and heavy snowfall this winter have made access difficult or impossible in some spots.

[Image: PINEVIEW-ICE-SPOTS.jpg]

(02-08-2023, 05:28 PM)Fishybear2 Wrote: Hello my fellow fisherbuddies! I'm thinking about trying Pineview for the first time this weekend. I've never ice fished this body of water and was wondering about access points and best times to fish? Early morning or afternoon and evening? Also Im going to be foot soldiering it but I'm not afraid to go for a hike if necessary general area pointers would be appreciated. TIA

So most are fishing the narrows and from what I've experienced nights have been the best ticket.
There's a pull off spot about 1/3 mile from the dam or you can go to swim beach ?? To access it. 

A fishfinder will help you a bunch not so much to find fish but to time the bite. 
Me and the wife went and it was crazy how many crappie where there but without the fishfinder it was much harder to catch the little paper mouth buggers! 

Sadly from what I think and in most cases I'm wrong but the size is just ok and I feel that's due to a over population of them. Most of the crappie could not really be released after being caught and it's a lot of work filleting the smaller ones but honestly they are delicious!!

I hope that info helps.
If you read back through the Pineview posts of the past few weeks, you'll have all the information you need to be successful.

One word of advice - make sure you have spring bobbers on your poles. If not, you'll miss the vast majority of strikes. Good luck!
Thanks guys for the info, I appreciate it still quite haven't figured out if I'm going to make the trip or not depends on my buddy. Again thank you very much!