Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Smith and morehouse
Can you get up to Smith and morehouse?
(06-11-2023, 07:05 AM)Trapfish01! Wrote: Can you get up to Smith and morehouse?

Yup. No problem. Campgrounds are still closed, though.
Thanks wanting to chase grayling in my tube
(06-17-2023, 05:34 AM)Trapfish01! Wrote: Thanks wanting to chase grayling in my tube

That should be fun, please let us know how you do. I've been wanting to get back up there, the last time we were there we mainly caught kokes and I was hoping to get at least one grayling. Do you mainly fly fish? We tried slow trolling a fly and a bubble but we must've been using the wrong one.
(06-17-2023, 01:19 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(06-17-2023, 05:34 AM)Trapfish01! Wrote: Thanks wanting to chase grayling in my tube

That should be fun, please let us know how you do. I've been wanting to get back up there, the last time we were there we mainly caught kokes and I was hoping to get at least one grayling. Do you mainly fly fish? We tried slow trolling a fly and a bubble but we must've been using the wrong one.
Small ice jig with a wax worm works well. Or a small fly on sinking line. I've always done best on the east side for them.
(06-18-2023, 05:05 AM)Trapfish01! Wrote:
(06-17-2023, 01:19 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Small ice jig with a wax worm works well. Or a small fly on sinking line. I've always done best on the east side for them.

Thanks for the info. We fished all along the East side, from the inlet to the dam, guess it just wasn't our day but we were not using any sinking line so that could have been it. Did a certain fly work better for you than another one?
Pheasant tailed nymph works good. Any natural small emerger fished real slow close to the bottom works.
(06-19-2023, 02:32 PM)Trapfish01! Wrote: Pheasant tailed nymph works good. Any natural small emerger fished real slow close to the bottom works.

Thanks much for the info, I'll give that a try on the next trip up there.
(06-19-2023, 02:47 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(06-19-2023, 02:32 PM)Trapfish01! Wrote: Pheasant tailed nymph works good. Any natural small emerger fished real slow close to the bottom works.

Thanks much for the info, I'll give that a try on the next trip up there.

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]the last time we were there we mainly caught kokes and I was hoping to get at least one grayling. Do you mainly fly fish[/font]
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]What size were your kokanees? Have you been there this year?[/font]
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Thanks.[/font]
No, it's been a few years, since I was there but the last time I was there the kokes we caught were around 12"
Is there motor HP restrictions on S&M or just wakeless restrictions?
(06-22-2023, 11:17 PM)LundLefty Wrote: Is there motor HP restrictions on S&M or just wakeless restrictions?

No other restrictions, other than it being wakeless.
Fish for about 4 hours today on east side caught about 20 mix between trout,grayling and kokes.
(06-25-2023, 04:18 AM)Trapfish01! Wrote: Fish for about 4 hours today on east side caught about 20 mix between trout,grayling and kokes.

How big are the fish you caught
Biggest koke 12 rest 9ish
Biggest bow 13
Biggest grayling was 12
Caught 2 grayling that size rest were all over

Caught the grayling on bottom going as slow as I could
The kokes wanted it close to the surface moving real fast.
Kokes would hit it like it owed them money and go airborne
(06-25-2023, 04:18 AM)Trapfish01! Wrote: Fish for about 4 hours today on east side caught about 20 mix between trout,grayling and kokes.

That sounds like a great 4 hrs, were you fishing in the morning? Thanks for adding those details. Was there still a lot of snow around the lake?
Not that I noticed. Fished in the afternoon