Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC 6/23
My friend and I were late but on the water at 8:45. Only 1 fish back and forth from the ramp to the damn. Not marking much on the finder. Wind was up and down from 10:00 on, with white caps from 10:30 on and really windy from 1:00 on. We got into the rainbows once we figured they were all hiding 2-4 feet down. Ended up with 5 in the boat and 4 lost at the boat. Did land one 4.5 and one 4 pounder with the other 3 being 17 - 19 inches. Power squadron was relentless with one idiot passing us within 20 feet several times full out. Not all that many, but a couple had no concern for anyone but themselves. One even stopped and traded skiers within 15 feet of us. Saw one poor guy in an inflatable almost flip as he had a boat go by him so close I thought a rescue was in short order. We got off the water about 1:15, most fish caught on worm accompanied by a ball of power bait trolling at 1.5. Beautiful day, but wind and the idiots made it and day to be careful.
(06-24-2023, 04:51 PM)stlaf Wrote: My friend and I were late but on the water at 8:45. Only 1 fish back and forth from the ramp to the damn. Not marking much on the finder. Wind was up and down from 10:00 on, with white caps from 10:30 on and really windy from 1:00 on. We got into them once we figured they were all hiding 2-4 feet down. Ended up with 5 in the boat and 4 lost at the boat. Did land one 4.5 and one 4 pounder with the other 3 being 17 - 19 inches. Power squadron was relentless with one idiot passing us within 20 feet several times full out. Not all that many, but a couple had no concern for anyone but themselves. One even stopped and traded skiers within 15 feet of us. Saw one poor guy in an inflatable almost flip as he had a boat go by him so close I thought a rescue was in short order. We got off the water about 1:15, most fish caught on worm accompanied by a ball of power bait trolling at 1.5. Beautiful day, but wind and the idiots made it and day to be careful.

Not sure what kind of fish you are catching..
You should take pictures of the #### you had harassing your fishing. Take it to park ranger. I did it at jordanelle and he responded to the cop on the water.
Trolling a worm and PB rig. Don't hear about that one often. Glad it found a few. I know some guys who drift PB at the berry or at least they use to.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
For many Utahns, the word "fish" refers to only one species.
(06-24-2023, 06:48 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: For many Utahns, the word "fish" refers to only one species.

Walleye Heart
(06-24-2023, 05:28 PM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(06-24-2023, 04:51 PM)stlaf Wrote: My friend and I were late but on the water at 8:45. Only 1 fish back and forth from the ramp to the damn. Not marking much on the finder. Wind was up and down from 10:00 on, with white caps from 10:30 on and really windy from 1:00 on. We got into them once we figured they were all hiding 2-4 feet down. Ended up with 5 in the boat and 4 lost at the boat. Did land one 4.5 and one 4 pounder with the other 3 being 17 - 19 inches. Power squadron was relentless with one idiot passing us within 20 feet several times full out. Not all that many, but a couple had no concern for anyone but themselves. One even stopped and traded skiers within 15 feet of us. Saw one poor guy in an inflatable almost flip as he had a boat go by him so close I thought a rescue was in short order. We got off the water about 1:15, most fish caught on worm accompanied by a ball of power bait trolling at 1.5. Beautiful day, but wind and the idiots made it and day to be careful.

Not sure what kind of fish you are catching..
You should take pictures of the #### you had harassing your fishing. Take it to park ranger. I did it at jordanelle and he responded to the cop on the water.

Rainbows

(06-24-2023, 04:51 PM)stlaf Wrote: My friend and I were late but on the water at 8:45. Only 1 fish back and forth from the ramp to the damn. Not marking much on the finder. Wind was up and down from 10:00 on, with white caps from 10:30 on and really windy from 1:00 on. We got into the rainbows once we figured they were all hiding 2-4 feet down. Ended up with 5 in the boat and 4 lost at the boat. Did land one 4.5 and one 4 pounder with the other 3 being 17 - 19 inches. Power squadron was relentless with one idiot passing us within 20 feet several times full out. Not all that many, but a couple had no concern for anyone but themselves. One even stopped and traded skiers within 15 feet of us. Saw one poor guy in an inflatable almost flip as he had a boat go by him so close I thought a rescue was in short order. We got off the water about 1:15, most fish caught on worm accompanied by a ball of power bait trolling at 1.5. Beautiful day, but wind and the idiots made it and day to be careful.
(06-24-2023, 06:48 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: For many Utahns, the word "fish" refers to only one species.

Thank goodness it's not bass!   Big Grin
Thanks for the report. Sorry that the jerks were living up to their names. How long were the 4 and 4.5 pound fish?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Exclamation 
(06-24-2023, 06:53 PM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote:

Walleye Heart

Heart Heart Heart
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]