Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 day 2 different trips
Friday one of our vendors at work invited me to a morning guided fly trip. (Private Pond in Morgan).  had a blast and caught 20 nice-sized trout including this monster Palamino Trout!  then, I went home, and Lil_Riggs reminded me that I had promised him a backpacking trip to Silver Lake (AF side) for his Birthday (yesterday he turned 17).  So we packed and hiked into the lake and didn't make it till later that afternoon. (BTW after 48 I don't think you are supposed to sleep on hard floors especially when you forgot your sleeping pad)  We woke up early Saterday morning and got him started fishing while I hiked the lake and got water from the waterfall to test out my new backpacking filtration.  He was constantly catching Brookies and one monster Brookie all were released to grow bigger.  Was a fun 24 hours.
Man, I hate to say it, and sorry if some get butthurt over this but COVID-19 ruined A.F. Canyon it is way too busy anymore.
[Image: IMG-4507.jpg]

[Image: IMG-4519.jpg]

[Image: IMG-4546.jpg]

[Image: IMG-4525.jpg]

[Image: IMG-4528.jpg]

[Image: IMG-4545.jpg]

[Image: IMG-4735.jpg]
[Image: IMG-4517.jpg]
It is amazing how many local places I have never been too - this one included

Look like a great time
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Fishin' is fishin'...no matter at a private pond, community pond, or an exotic charter trip...nicely done..
Nice fish and yes i believe all of our mountains are way to crowded anymore
Excellent! That's a monster brookie from that water!
I'm with you man. Our Wasatch front and surrounding areas have gotten a lot smaller in the last couple of years...
Great report, sorry I missed Landon's birthday... I never get off the farm anymore, so don't blame me for overcrowding.... kind of glad I have a farm to stay away from the crowds... Finally got most of the last field of hay hauled last night... 94 bales left... should clean that up today... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!