Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC
My wife and one of our sons took a trip to DC this weekend to try to soak in some fall colors, fish,  and sunshine and we found plenty of each.  I knew we'd probably risk a lot of the wakeboarders being out since the weather was pushing 85 at the lake, and they were there.. but they weren't too bad for a Saturday morning.

We started out trying to bottom bounce for walleyes in the north end of the lake for a couple hours but had no luck.   I need someone smarter than me to come show me the secret sometime.  I'd love to make wally tacos for dinner one of these nights.

After no love on the walleye hunt, we picked up the speed and threw out some gear for the ever reliable trout.   We ended up with close to 10 in a few hours, and missed a ton of bites....so fast enough to keep it fun, but not a lights out day. As TD mentioned in his report from last week, the footlong finless fellas were out in force with them being the main catch.   We did end up with a couple of their bigger brothers, pushing close to 15-16" and they put up a heck of a fight.  Fun stuff.

This hot weather can go away, I need that fall bite to kick in.  Ill be headed to Currant next weekend to see if the water has cooled enough to kill off some of the moss monster and bring the big tigers and cutts closer to shore looking for a meal. 

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]
Any day with limited power squadron and family to enjoy fishing with is a great day. Nice report and fun pictures.
Lots of Smiles in them photos. Seems you are putting that RV to Boat trade to good use
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew