[Image: IMG-3746.jpg]
Then it happened, I saw the little

fellow on the patio next to a flower
planter earlier in the week as I'm doing 
some backyard chores. I heard this little
pop turning around and seeing his back 
end going thru the pet door inside. Next, 
I got accused of dog abuse for taking the 
garden hose spraying down my little buddy. 
Apparently, he jumped upon mama's lap soaked.  Big Grin 
It wasn't my fault, the hose burst as he was
standing right next to it.  Huh 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
I am sitting in my chair waiting for my crew to get ready to go out to Wyoming to chase some sage grouse. The Wookie knows what's up. He know when I pull my shotgun out that somthing is happening. How do I tell him his hips won't take the rough country walk and it will be too hot to stay in the truck. Its hell to look in his eyes and see the excitement still burning. The spirit is willing but the body is not.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Dogs are great companions; I don't hunt anymore due to my knees are shot. No matter the type and size of dog there is always a true loyalty they possess to their owners, maybe its the other way around they own you. My little buddy knows when the boat is in its staging mode taken from the garage and parked in the backyard all ready for action. Whenever I start reeling in a fish, he goes into a prancing mode barking, growling and when netted wanting to pull it out the net like it was invading in on his territory. Its hilarious what he does and is good entertainment. I still have a few good years left with him around, he will be 7yrs old in December.
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
I ended up lifting him into the truck and taking him grouse hunting yesterday. He got out in a few places a walked with us a bit but seemed mostly content to stick his head out the window and enjoy the breeze. Me too.

Was able to get my nephew his first grouse.

[Image: 20240928-154221.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Congrats to your nephew. I like the cool breeze too, sure could have enjoyed it more during the summer here instead of the valley furnace.  Cry
Harrisville UT
Bassy, I am glad you have a little companion with a lot of spirit to accompany you on your outings! Those terriers are 200lbs of big dog in a 10lb body. I bet it was hard not to laugh when the hose burst got him, and hopefully your evidence of the hose failure was enough to exonerate you in the court of mom!
Cowboy, nothing hits harder than seeing the willing spirit in your dog's eyes through their failing bodies. Except when the look turns in to the understanding that they can't do what they want to anymore. The light extinguishes a little. Seeing that is a hard pill to swallow.
I have carried around a quote in my wallet for 23 years now, next to my licenses (when they were printed out, remember those days??) and my blue card. The paper is torn and tattered, and not really legible anymore, but I have it memorized.
The quote is by Mike Gaddis, from "First Light," Sporting Classics Volume XX, Issue 3:
"I have often surmised, at Eve's indiscretion in Eden, that the Good Lord conceded the creature of His image inherently flawed, and granted to the canine kingdom instead the nobility that might have been human. And brought to pass that the dog would be man's best friend and shadow, that we might be eternally reminded. Perhaps it was resolved that such constancy, trust, and devotion could never be taken for granted, that it would come only with a terrible price."
Love your canine companions like they love you.
Thanks for sharing a cute story!
Wow that is a beautiful quote. Thanks for sharing it
Thumbs Up 
If only they could talk

The weekly yard work plus some added fall cleanup, leaves are dropping.

[Image: Watching.jpg]
On watch as I mow yard making sure
I don't miss a blade of grass and short
enough for him to do his business

[Image: Inspection.jpg]          [Image: Paw-up.jpg]
Inspection completed, paw up

[Image: Nap-Time.jpg]
Time for a nap
Harrisville UT