Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek Perchapalooza
My friend and I went up to DC this morning, almost a bit to early. Got there about 7am and it was dark and snowing! With the warmer weather we tested the ice to make sure it was good. No slush at all, just the fresh snow we were getting pounded with. We fished south of the Island, and tried to find our sweet spot from the other day but couldn't get it exact. Started in 48ft of water and hardly any bites. We drilled around and found the spot we wanted and then it was on! I fished with my Little Cleo with a hook about 6 inches below with a worm just inches off the bottom. The hits came in waves, but you would have one on both pole at a time. I had to leave by 10 so I could get my butt to work [Image: cry.gif]

My friend is still out there and I am sure he will hit his limit. In 2 hours worth of catching I ended with 33 Perch and 1 Rainbow and he was about the same. Only saw one other group out fishing this morning. Untill next time....
[signature]
what is the perch limit there i thought it was 10
[signature]
Very nice, glad to see perch being caught there again.
[signature]
Could you reveal where you were fishing at?
[signature]
state wide 50 perch limit..
[signature]
Was 10 now it is 50.
[signature]
The Sacramento Perch is Limit of 10, but the Yellow Perch is a limit of 50.

I just talked with my friend and he ended with 50 Perch and hooked 10 trout. 2 others met up with him after 10:30 and they got about 30.

We were out in the middle south of the Island in 46.5ft of water. A few hundred yard from any shoreline.
[signature]
I think he did, south of the island and the picture (look in the background).lol[Wink]
[signature]
looks like there is going to be a load of people south of the island fishing this weekend haha
[signature]
How was the ice? We are hearing concerns about the safety. Thinking of heading up Friday morning, but need to make sure the ice is good before we make the trip.
[signature]
If the temps stay down the ice should stay good, but it is thinner then I really like myself. With that wind and cold air tonight I think it will help keep it fishable.
[signature]
Congrats on the catch.

What are your thoughts about the Mr. Jigger?
[signature]
i have 2 mr. jiggers and i love em! they really help ya tell when somethin is nibblin. they tilt like a teeter totter. and they dont fall out. i hooked a 25" brown this year my rod tipped and rocked but didnt get wet. well worth the ten bucks
I didn't have the Mr. Jiggers last year but saw them all over the place. My wife got them for me for Xmas and they are handy and work well. All the other wire holders I have haven't even been touched this year. When the wind is blowing they sway a little, but it you got a good bite then you know its a fish and not the wind.
[signature]
[quote UTFSHR]What are your thoughts about the Mr. Jigger?[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I've been using them for 3 seasons now and I'm of the opinion that they are way better than any of the spring bobbers. They are VERY sensitive to any bite and offer little or no resistance to the fish when taking the bait. I never leave home without them.[/#800000][/font] [Smile]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."