Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake
I keep hearing about the Knoll's on Utah Lake, and the Hot Springs, anyone give me directions? I would really appreciate the help
[signature]
PM sent. Good luck!
[signature]
The Knolls is on the west side of the lake. If your in the SL area get on Redwood and head south. Several miles south of Saratoga you'll see some "knolls" that go right down to the lake. Turn off on one of the dirt roads and make your way to the lake.
[signature]
Mile marker 19 is the turn if I remember right.
[signature]
Thanks to all, I am going saturday morning now, school schedules have messed me up. Hope to meet up with you all for a day of fishing.
[signature]
We've been slaying 'em on nightcrawlers under a bobber. 3-5' under the bobber close to shore.
Couple pics from tonight (Thursday).

[inline "2011-06-30 17.19.56.jpg"]
[inline "2011-06-30 19.34.13.jpg"]
[signature]
Maybe I'll see you out there Saturday morning. I'll be the one with no clearance or 4-wheel drive (Toyota Camry). Feel free to come say hi or help dig me out of a hole.
[signature]
I will keep an eye out for you, I will be in a big red chevy, Ill bring the tow rope....lol[fishin]
[signature]
Sounds good. By the way, I just fished over there this morning on my way to work. The cats were hitting good early but shut down about 8 once it started getting hot.
[signature]
So ive got a little car too a subaru can anyone tell me how bad the road is to get to the lake?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]If you are going to the Knolls, do not turn off on any road except the gravel road heading south at Mile Marker 19. Some of those other dirt roads are really deeply rutted...and that is putting it mildly. You can see rooftops of previous small cars that thried to drive on them.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The gravel road at Mile Marker 19 is not maintained but is passable by almost any vehicle if you watch for the occasional ruts and high spots. Other vehicles have driven around some of those and provide an alternate route.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]When you get to the low hill overlooking the lake you might not want to take that road down to the perimeter road. Big deep ruts at the bottom. Doable but not necessary. Instead, drive along the top until you find another road that you are more comfortable handling.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Here's some possible help.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
did you drive into af harbor or did you have to walk in?
[signature]
We drove in to Timp marina which is private. AF is closed.
[signature]