Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
21st street pond?
Is 21st street pond fishable and has anyone had success there? I've not fished it myself but have always had my eye on it.
[signature]
Where is the pond at?
[signature]
About 1/2 west of Wall Ave. and right off 21st in Ogden. There should be some dandy fish in there. They had it closed for quite awhile due to a construction landfill that was leaking something into it I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong anybody.
[signature]
Has bass, bows, crappie, gills and carp. Lots of finless freddies
[signature]
Does the City allow ice fishing there?
[signature]
Yes as long as your there in park hours- we tear em up there through the ice !!!! But don't tell anyone!!!! HAHA [Wink]
[signature]
how do you access 21st street pond now. i used to fish there as a kid with my dad but havent been back since they closed it down several years ago.
[signature]
Thanks for all your input-- you got me all excited now!

anyone been this year yet?
[signature]
There is an access road and parking lot right off 21st street. if you are heading east on 21st from the freeway the road is right before you reach the pond. It is a great place i suggest goin!
[signature]
thanks for the directions. what is a good location on the pond. if you dont mind
[signature]
I'm guessing anywhere. It's not very big. Kinda makes a horseshoe shape. You can take a look at it on google earth.
[signature]
If I were you I wouldnt venture to far onto the east side last year there was 6 inches on the west side but I still found 2.5 inches over on the east (top right side of the horseshoe if you will). I did pretty good last year straight out from the parking lot maybe 50 yards or so.
-Bryan
[signature]
It was closed because of the oil treated railroad ties were seeping into the pond
[signature]
Thank you. I knew it was a leakage of some sort just wasn't sure of the origin.
[signature]
Are they still warning against eating fish from there? I'm not inclined to get numb toes and not get a dinner out of it, LOL!

Edit to add: It isn't listed on the fishadvisories.utah.gov web page either as 21st St Pond or Goode Ski Lake, but the annual guidebook does list it as a community fish pond - meaning the limit is two fish of any kind.

So it's hardly worth the effort - for me at least.
[signature]