Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has pineview picked up?
Has any one been up the pineview for the crappie.. And if so any luck? Last time I went up very very slow lots of fish bit only 3 liked what I had to offer .
[signature]
I fished Saturday morning 7-11:30 and only caught 3 small crappie. I moved around a lot and found some nice schools but they didn’t want to play.
[signature]
We caught one in four hours. Marked plenty though.
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
I just got home from giving it a try tonight (Monday 1.28.19) it was very very slow. Lots and lots of stacked fish but it was extremely tough getting them to bite. Fished from about 6pm to 1am. Threw everything I have at them. Only caught a few.
[signature]
Let's hope it picks back up
[signature]
It’s been a couple of weeks but the big crappie where pretty thick. Caught my limit in 3 hrs. Understanding the fish on the finder was critical. After hours of drilling and trying everything I found that what I threw at them was less important but depth was more important. Saw big schools come by, all small perch. I had to really down size to figure that out. Next came big crappies. About 10 min behind the big school. All suspended above where the big school came through. Go deeper than you think but find the schools of bait fish.
[signature]
What FOW did you catch your limit of crappie in? How much higher were the crappie from the bait fish/perch? I was graphing fish solid for 9 feet of the bottom in 40 FOW, but only caught a few crappie at night. [fishon]
[signature]
I graphed more fish at night but caught all mine from 3-6pm in 40 fow. The bait fish were always on bottom stretching up 10 feet from there the crappies would come through in about 25 feet give or take 10 feet. At night the bite was slower but I never have done great after dark. The other key was I had no one within 200 yards of me. I hope this helps. I appreciate all the info I have gotten from all of you here and thought I could share a little.
[signature]
Fished it Saturday night in a spot I always go and find some fish. We marked fish in holes at 40 feet of water and all holes in between to 30 feet of water. Missed a bunch of bites and finally figured out we were fishing to the dink’s. Caught a couple 3 inches and left. I have caught some really big ones in past years. But not sure I will go back out to that body of water this year. Hope they grow up soon!
[signature]
Welcome to BFT, sure appreciate the tips and comments you've added to this post. Thanks for joining in and helping out... Jeff
[signature]