Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sacramento Perch?
Can anyone confirm that there are Sacramento Perch still in Pruess? Feel free to PM me. Going on a rockhounding trip soon and might be close to that area
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I tried twice, and failed twice, in catching any Sacramento Perch there or in another, extremely small body of water, nearby. If they are still there, they aren't in the quantity that they were in the good-old days.
(05-02-2024, 03:39 PM)Kent Wrote: I tried twice, and failed twice, in catching any Sacramento Perch there or in another, extremely small body of water, nearby.  If they are still there, they aren't in the quantity that they were in the good-old days.

Txs Kent. That is what I had heard. Looks like i will have to look elsewhere for that species. Maybe I will rockhound down towards minersville instead
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(05-02-2024, 04:33 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:
(05-02-2024, 03:39 PM)Kent Wrote: I tried twice, and failed twice, in catching any Sacramento Perch there or in another, extremely small body of water, nearby.  If they are still there, they aren't in the quantity that they were in the good-old days.

Txs Kent. That is what I had heard. Looks like i will have to look elsewhere for that species. Maybe I will rockhound down towards minersville instead

If you get any leads on them, please let me know.
(05-02-2024, 08:40 PM)Kent Wrote:
(05-02-2024, 04:33 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:

If you get any leads on them, please let me know.
As of right now I expect it will take an out of state run to check this one off my list
(05-02-2024, 02:26 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Can anyone confirm that there are Sacramento Perch still in Pruess? Feel free to PM me. Going on a rockhounding trip soon and might be close to that area

[Image: 5-EA57176-07-E1-4-A18-B4-DD-A6109-A732-DA6.jpg]

[Image: D7652522-E7-CB-4-E20-B4-FC-C2-FE90-DEBE49.jpg]

Southern Utah,, 2021

Just as a clue,, same spot back to back casts.

I’ll target them again soon and report back.

Not at Pruess.
(05-18-2024, 06:00 PM)castnshoot Wrote:
(05-02-2024, 02:26 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Can anyone confirm that there are Sacramento Perch still in Pruess? Feel free to PM me. Going on a rockhounding trip soon and might be close to that area

[Image: 5-EA57176-07-E1-4-A18-B4-DD-A6109-A732-DA6.jpg]

[Image: D7652522-E7-CB-4-E20-B4-FC-C2-FE90-DEBE49.jpg]

Southern Utah,, 2021

Just as a clue,, same spot back to back casts.

I’ll target them again soon and report back.

Not at Pruess.

Well that is an interesting combo to pickup. Txs for sharing the photos