Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to Lincoln
The oppressive heat has kept me away from Lincoln for the last couple of weeks but the demand for a fix overpowered me and I made a morning trip. Nice. Water temp was bathtub warm -- 77 on arrival and 79 when I left at 10:00. The launch at daylight was easy but the pull out at 10:00 was a get-in-line event with multiple power boats launching. 

I spent a few minutes at launch listening to the bellowing of bullfrogs in the near distance and then proceeded to gather a bunch of young whities for fresh bait. The wb were popping midges off of the surface at the end of the ramp and it was like fishing in a hatchery as I caught half dozen or so in almost as many casts... spinner of small jig every time.

[Image: IMG-0435.jpg]  
[Image: IMG-0436.jpg]
Loaded and ready. Is there a better bait for catfish?

Fishing was good today and I caught about a dozen or so before the sun got to me. The cats I caught looked pretty good -- no beat-up old toms, most were purty greenish colored and healthy lookin'. Caught two at 29.5 inches, most were better than toofooters. 

[Image: IMG-0442-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0441.jpg]

Hope to get out again next week even if it is just for 2-3 hours in the mornings. I'm looking for some cooler weather. The spawn seems to be winding down and the cats will be ready for some heavy feeding on the young of the year. It is time for the 30+ inch cats to start showing up. Maybe even a 36 incher...
Excellent.  Glad the old pond is treating you better.  Sorry I haven't been down to get a lesson from you.  Home duties, ya know?  Prolly won't be 'til it cools a bit.  So you find out where the bigguns are hiding and I'll help you gang up on 'em.
(07-20-2024, 11:26 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Excellent.  Glad the old pond is treating you better.  Sorry I haven't been down to get a lesson from you.  Home duties, ya know?  Prolly won't be 'til it cools a bit.  So you find out where the bigguns are hiding and I'll help you gang up on 'em.

Those "home duties" come first. Take care of yourself and your better half and then I will be glad to provide a few lessons on how to ketch catfish... yeah, right!  You owe me a trip so as weather cools I will expect to see you down this way. Take care.
You did good. We were going to go but I tend to avoid the weekend because of the power squadron so we held off. I have a hard time catching white bass. I may have to meet you out there early one morning if you would teach me a couple tricks
(07-21-2024, 11:35 PM)Mooseman75 Wrote: You did good. We were going to go but I tend to avoid the weekend because of the power squadron so we held off. I have a hard time catching white bass. I may have to meet you out there early one morning if you would teach me a couple tricks

I'll be there at about 6:00 a.m. for the next couple of days. Chevy truck, Lund boat, lots of white bass. Hope to see you.