Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Tigers
Really got into some monster tigers this past weekend at Panguitch. The monsoon storms really turned them on in the evening, and the bite was just as good the next morning. Funnest part was many of them were caught on terrestrials in shallow water, with most of them coming on a dropper below. Incredible fights! Heading back up this weekend with my oldest daughter, can't wait! 

[Image: image000001-5.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20240720-143020-Gallery.jpg]
Man those are toads. What size rod do you use when you are after that big of tiger
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(07-25-2024, 05:08 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Man those are toads. What size rod do you use when you are after that big of tiger

I use my 9.5' 6WT generally...I've hooked into them this size on my standard 9' 5WT, and that's a battle!!!
Well done those are some beauties
Nice, Richy! What a couple of outstanding fish! The fins on that second fish look like sails. Nice work dude.
Got my eldest daughter up there and on some big Tigers. She landed some quality fish, but ended up losing the biggest fish of the trip, it had it's way with her and in the end came off...she was bummed. But that's fishing!

[Image: 20240727-214240.jpg]