Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uintas, Duchesne North Fork
Rain, rain and more rain. In between the rainstorms I had a really fun trip.  Big Grin

A stonefly landed on me on the very first morning, so I tried that fly pattern first for luck. Nope, a no go on that.

What didn’t work very well: Hopper droppers, the trout just didn’t want to play with this setup. Dry droppers, stoneflies, emergers, brown san juan worm were no goes.

What did work. Red san juan worm, Adams, midge and nymphs on an indicator.

In a nutshell, I got all fish on droppers except for the one on an adams dry and two on hoppers. These were absolutely lit up by some hungry fish, the acrobatics were incredible.

Operator errors: I lost far too many flies in the bushes. Plus, the timing on my hook sets are way off. I need more practice.

Evening and early morning seemed to be the best fishing.

Merl

[Image: river-IMG-2631.jpg]

[Image: river-IMG-2632.jpg]

[Image: trout-IMG-2624.jpg]
Thanks for the report, great pics too, sounds like once you found the right flies you did great, any browns caught?
That San Juan worm is a great tool
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I was quite surprised they liked the San Juan more than the hoppers. However, far be it from me to deny them their treats.

No browns. I didn’t get to the west fork Sad
Nice report, love the reflection coming off of the water. Is that the middle finger reflecting a double nature call from the cloud in second image?   Dodgy 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Hahahaaaa didn’t notice that! Bad cloud
Nah bruh, that cloud is *pointing* you towards the West Fork! That's where the hopper dropper combo would slay the browns!
You gotta look at the silver lining in those clouds sometimes....
Oh my Lord. You’re spot on. I didn’t pay enough attention. It’s definitely pointing to the west fork !!!