Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windshield help
I have a broken windshield on a lund has anyone had theirs fixed locally
Moyes in Ogden on Wall Ave helped out another BFTer. They carry the tempered glass. If its straight glass it shouldn’t be a problem. If too far for you, always can check local glass business’. Good Luck
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(09-08-2024, 11:55 PM)Lundboy54 Wrote: I have a broken windshield on a lund has anyone had theirs fixed locally

Which section.  Flat section in walk through windshield is a do it yourself. The exact tint on my 2012 is no longer made in the replacement thickness  according to the local glass shop I use. Got the next closest and I am the only one who has noticed.
(09-09-2024, 12:54 AM)lifeshort Wrote:
(09-08-2024, 11:55 PM)Lundboy54 Wrote: I have a broken windshield on a lund has anyone had theirs fixed locally

Which section.  Flat section in walk through windshield is a do it yourself. The exact tint on my 2012 is no longer made in the replacement thickness  according to the local glass shop I use. Got the next closest and I am the only one who has noticed.
It's the curved port side have had no luck finding one for less than 3500 seems a bit steep
(09-09-2024, 01:23 AM)Lundboy54 Wrote:

It's the curved port side have had no luck finding one for less than 3500 seems a bit steep

I was asked to try to help you out , but I see you have the Curved Glass type of W/S . Mine is flat type.
(09-09-2024, 02:35 AM)AFDan52 Wrote:
(09-09-2024, 01:23 AM)Lundboy54 Wrote:

I was asked to try to help you out , but I see you have the Curved Glass type of W/S . Mine is flat type.
Thank you for checking
I wouldn't pay that much.  Did a quick search online and there are many possibilities on Ebay for used boat windshields.  Also, Great Lakes Skipper website had a pair of the curved sections for a Lund,  I think model up to 1875, and listed for less than $1500.  Cost of shipping is only question.
(09-09-2024, 02:40 AM)Crimson Wrote: I wouldn't pay that much.  Did a quick search online and there are many possibilities on Ebay for used boat windshields.  Also, Great Lakes Skipper website had a pair of the curved sections for a Lund,  I think model up to 1875, and listed for less than $1500.  Cost of shipping is only question.

Thanks mine is a 2075 have seen those not sure if they will fit need to call lund but thier customer service is horrible

I found this option, not glass but looks like a less expensive option. Curved glass is pricey and a pain to replace as you are finding out. Can you file a claim with your insurance company then it becomes their problem and shouldn’t matter what it cost they will have to fix it.

https://flexafab.com/products/lund-curve...D9OSr2gg0K

Examine the window closely, usually near the bottom. Each side may have identification numbers etched in the glass.
These exact number help locate the correct piece online which is the cheapest route. The left and right will be marked differently to indicate left and right..
Folks we know had same thing happen to their Lund windshield.  Cost was like $2800.  Not cheap.  Once you get fixed recommend getting a windshield cover if you don’t have one.  We invested in one as it’s way cheaper than a boat windshield.

[Image: IMG-1941.jpg]
I had a boat, not a lund mind you, but it had a broken left side windshield that wrapped around the side. I called the company and for them to cast the windshield they only do all 3 pieces for $3750 + shipping so it is not cheap for some companies. I bought Lexan and was going to have it cut and molded but sold boat instead before I finished the project.
I've heard this price in the past with other boats. Are there any thoughts of a rebuild of the windshield going to straight flat glass? There are a lot of new & used replacements available for much cheaper pricing. Also, a custom-made protective cover is a good investment
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
I to played this game before, I search the www for weeks, for used or new, no luck contacted the boat and glass manufacture, I was told that it is compound curved glass, the manufacture only used that glass for few years, they melted to molds to make a different style, I finally found a place in Florida that could make a lexan piece by marking and sending the frame to them, they did a good job, had to fit it a bit, you had to look close to tell it was not real glass,

just so you know, I found more boat junk yards in Florida and Minnesota than anywhere, search the WWW you might could find a used one

good luck.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(09-09-2024, 06:06 PM)k2muskie Wrote: Folks we know had same thing happen to their Lund windshield.  Cost was like $2800.  Not cheap.  Once you get fixed recommend getting a windshield cover if you don’t have one.  We invested in one as it’s way cheaper than a boat windshield.

Thanks Kim, I have been thinking of getting a cover for my boat windshield because it's too much to remove the boat cover at the ramp and then stow it. I just ordered one from amazon, hope it fits well.

rj
(09-10-2024, 08:47 PM)Mr. J Wrote:
(09-09-2024, 06:06 PM)k2muskie Wrote: Folks we know had same thing happen to their Lund windshield.  Cost was like $2800.  Not cheap.  Once you get fixed recommend getting a windshield cover if you don’t have one.  We invested in one as it’s way cheaper than a boat windshield.

Thanks Kim, I have been thinking of getting a cover for my boat windshield because it's too much to remove the boat cover at the ramp and then stow it. I just ordered one from amazon, hope it fits well.

rj

They have them at Cabala's for 80 or 90 dollars. How much did you pay on Amazon?

I just installed my windshield protector. A veteran owned company. A bit more expensive but it is custom to my windshield and snaps secure. https://www.flackjaket.com/
Holy cow, $3500-$2800! Just ordered a Flack Jaket for my Vexus after reading this thread. So sorry about your windshield. Best of luck on repairs and thanks for raising awareness of windshield cost/repairs.
(09-10-2024, 09:38 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(09-10-2024, 08:47 PM)Mr. J Wrote:

rj

They have them at Cabala's for 80 or 90 dollars. How much did you pay on Amazon?

Interesting! I checked Cabela's before Amazon. Cabela's price was 166.00 same as Amazon. I ordered from Amazon because of free shipping.

a few years back, i lost the port side to my lund 1700 fisherman. I reached out to Lund. i was advised to get the info off my windshield for the manufacturer who makes most windshields for boats, Taylor made. I then reached out to Taylor made, spoke with a very helpful gentleman who after i provided him with all the needed info, i was able to make arrangements to send the frame of my port side window back to them. They re set the glass, crated it up and sent it back to me to re install which i did. 

900.00 bucks for everything. You wont find anyone around here who can shape glass like this. Lexan or plexiglass i was told can be heated up, bent and shaped to fit. I immediatly ordered a tuxedo to cover my window now for all travel, even just a few miles to Willard. it SUCKS that this is the way it is but either fork out the cash, get lucky and find someone who has one laying around that will fit your model.

If i, God forbid it happens, loose another, I will go and have something fabricated and change the design of my windshield to a more square design(old school) to accomidate flat glass and be done. 

Good luck on your treasure hunt.