Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miss Me?
My internet provider (Centurylink) went down last Friday and they have still not fixed the problem.  So no access to emails or my land line phone...which is tied into the connection.  Been reading the reports.  Haven't had the urge or ability to fight the up and down weather to get out this week.  And looks like more "stuff" next week.

PS...writing this on the computer at the library.  First time I have been in a library in like forever.
(09-12-2024, 04:58 PM)TubeDude Wrote: My internet provider (Centurylink) went down last Friday and they have still not fixed the problem.  So no access to emails or my land line phone...which is tied into the connection.  Been reading the reports.  Haven't had the urge or ability to fight the up and down weather to get out this week.  And looks like more "stuff" next week.

PS...writing this on the computer at the library.  First time I have been in a library in like forever.

Of course we miss you! 

Thank goodness you found a way to get back online, although painful. Next week is NOT looking very good for weather.
(09-12-2024, 04:58 PM)TubeDude Wrote: My internet provider (Centurylink) went down last Friday and they have still not fixed the problem.  So no access to emails or my land line phone...which is tied into the connection.  Been reading the reports.  Haven't had the urge or ability to fight the up and down weather to get out this week.  And looks like more "stuff" next week.

Sorry to hear centurylink let you down, it is one of the reasons I changed from them to Comcast many years ago. I too have a land line, plus internet and cable TV, for $150 a month, just in case you are thinking about making a change. I love our local library, I started using them a number of years ago for my printing needs, you are allowed to print 25 pages a day at my branch. Much better deal than buying printer ink.
Pat, that is strange because I use Centurylink and haven't experienced any issues lately. It must be some sort of regional issue.
(09-12-2024, 05:40 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Sorry to hear centurylink let you down, it is one of the reasons I changed from them to Comcast many years ago. I too have a land line, plus internet and cable TV, for $150 a month, just in case you are thinking about making a change. I love our local library, I started using them a number of years ago for my printing needs, you are allowed to print 25 pages a day at my branch. Much better deal than buying printer ink.

Centurylink , plus directv has never given me a reason to change anything , same package basically as you for the same money . Possibly his modern has gone bad ,not unheard ,but no reason to give up a provider . Have had this same service now for nearly 25 years .

(09-12-2024, 05:51 PM)Kent Wrote: Pat, that is strange because I use Centurylink and haven't experienced any issues lately.  It must be some sort of regional issue.

Thats possible .

Who are you again?   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 82 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(09-12-2024, 05:51 PM)Kent Wrote: Pat, that is strange because I use Centurylink and haven't experienced any issues lately.  It must be some sort of regional issue.

Service went down last Friday.  Impossible to get through to any real human to talk to.  Got an "AI" connection that promised a service call the following Tuesday.  Rep came out Tuesday.  Modem fine.  No service to the house...and a few other homes in the area have the same problem.  They are now investigating a possible cut line somewhere.  No followup since Tuesday.  GRRRRRR

(09-12-2024, 06:49 PM)dubob Wrote:

Who are you again?   Big Grin
Sometimes have to ask myself the same question...or WHY am I?  When it gets too heavy on the existentialism I just go fishing.  Doesn't help answer all the hard questions but keeps me off the streets and out of trouble.  At least for a while.  At least the fish don't care...or ask me any hard questions.
It's amazing how much we rely on our computers for so many things. Email, bill paying, social media (BigFishTackle, FaceBook), news etc. I used to have Century Link for years and then it kept going off (no phone, no internet). The problem was at some junction box about two blocks from my house where one tech would make a change for someone else, and my service would go off. Then you call them, and it takes 2 to 3 days to get a tech out. Well, they would fix the problem but, then some other tech would go out and change things back again. Like a never-ending loop, on off, on off. I changed and went with Xfinity and now they handle my landline, cell phone, internet and TV. I get all of that for 200 per month.

Glad to see you found a way to connect, looking at next weeks weather looks like rain early at Willard next Friday, but the good news is light winds that we can fish through in my boat, I really like having the semi hard top, it makes a big difference.
A library? Just think of the fishing books and sports magazines you can edgumicate yourself with and pass on to the fellow BFTers. A win win  Big Grin
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(09-12-2024, 10:55 PM)Bduck Wrote: A library? Just think of the fishing books and sports magazines you can edgumicate yourself with and pass on to the fellow BFTers. A win win  Big Grin

Problem is I can write readin'...but I cain't read writin'.  Seriously, I have a vast library of fishing books collected over the years.  (maybe just half vast).  I used to love to read.  But since I got reeled in by the Internet I do most of my reading online.  And with my now permanent problem with my left eye I shall likely be doing even less reading.

But I am always happy to pass along whatever I think I know that might help others.

By the way, I am currently in a downsizing mode.  If anybody wants to provide a good home for some of my old books I will gladly hand them off.
Update:  Miraculously back online.  Musta been my threat to switch to the new Google Fibre...after they just completed running lines in my neighborhood.  Centurylink kept dinking around and could not promise anything before next week.  I told them 24 hours or I was switching. Ta-daaaa.  This morning I was back online and my land line phone was fully operational.

Now ya gotta put up with my blue writing drivel again.
(09-14-2024, 02:28 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Update:  Miraculously back online.  Musta been my threat to switch to the new Google Fibre...after they just completed running lines in my neighborhood.  Centurylink kept dinking around and could not promise anything before next week.  I told them 24 hours or I was switching. Ta-daaaa.  This morning I was back online and my land line phone was fully operational.

Now ya gotta put up with my blue writing drivel again.

Welcome BACK! Now you can work on all the robo calls about all Medicare advantage plans - we've had enough of them! Even if talk with a human and tell them over and over to never call they Still call again and again. Must be a good reason, that they are so persistent, AKA $$